Chapter 19

-Max-
Ryan sent me a picture I thought it was a little odd since I wasn't even in the band anymore. I opened the picture message as I seen a kid with a girl the caption said; 'Mel & Zach' my jaw dropped but I saved the picture as I looked at my phone. I had an old picture of Melody and I goofing around. Her brother Henry took the picture.

I closed my eyes remembering that day...

~Flashback~

I just got off work as Mel told me to stop by earlier. I was excited but tired. I figured Melody and Ronnie had another fight. I didn't see Ronnie's car anywhere so I knocked on the door. "Hey you ready Henry?" Mel yelled as Henry ran out the door. I chuckled as Mel giggled a little. Her giggle was one where if you weren't paying attention you'd miss it cause it was so soft.

We got the the park as she sat sideways on the swing. "Max why does Ronnie fight with me a lot." I shrugged as she sighed. She played with her fingers. "What's going on Mel." She looked at the floor as she said. "Ever since I lost the baby Ronnie and I haven't been able to get along. It's like he blames me for it." I frowned as I shook my head. "Just remember Robert Monte and I still care." She smiled as she pushed me.
~end of flashback~

I asked where she lived as he texted me her address. I packed my things as I threw it into my car as I told my band that I would be back in a couple days. I told them why. They just smiled at me as I got into my car.

-Melody-
It was the middle of the night; I just got Zach back to sleep. I heard a soft knock on the door as I went to the door wondering who it could be. I opened it as I seen Max. He touched my face as I stood there in complete shock. "Max..." I trailed off as he dropped his hand and looked me in the eyes. "Mel..." He said as I melted. I have no idea what took over me as I jumped on him hugging him.

He chuckled at me hugging me back. He came in shutting the door. I smiled as I jumped off as I told him to have a seat. "How you been Mel?" I shrugged. "I've been better. I'm pregnant again with my stalker ex boyfriends baby. And Zach is asleep." I sighed looking at him. "Can I tell you something?" He asked me as I nodded. "Before Ronnie asked you out again he caught wind that I...uh was going to ask you out and he jumped in and asked you before I could."

My jaw dropped as I looked at him as he nodded.