-28-

Not edited.

"You want answers Red? Fine. I'll give you your god damned fucking answers." Maxon stood and started to pace the room as Red saw the raw pain that crossed his face.

"You nearly died Red! You had my baby and you nearly fucking died! When Anna told us you were in hospital my whole fucking world collapsed. I had to get here to see you. Then I get here and find out that the pregnancy sent your blood pressure through the roof and you passed out." He stopped pacing and glared at her. "Why the fuck didn't you tell someone you weren't well? Fuck! Even telling that weasel Sam would have been better than what you did! You put your life on the line for our daughter. I fucking thought I was coming to take you home to bury you!"

He started to pace again. His agitation making it completely impossible for him to stay still.

"What the fuck is it with women who want children when so many things can go wrong? Huh Red? Tell me that!"

"What are you talking about Maxon?"

"My sister Julia died on the way to hospital to have Harrison"

"I know about Julia..."

He laughed at her.

"You know what we tell people. Speed fucking kills and when people panic on the way to hospital to have babies they don't think straight and take risks they normally wouldn't and die."

"Maxon..."

"No Red, you wanted to know so I'm fucking telling you. I never EVER wanted to put a woman through the fear of getting to the hospital on time to give birth. I never wanted to lose a child through losing her. I knew if I found the special woman I wanted to spend my life with then I never wanted to risk losing her! You Red! I didn't want to lose you!" His words like venom resignated through her in such a way that she had no control over the shudder that passed over her.

"You risked your fucking life Red. How fucking dare you?!  What if you'd died Red? I'd be raising Claire on my own because you were too fucking proud to ask for help! THAT'S why I had the vasectomy. That's why I never wanted children. There's too many fucking risks involved!"

"That was my choice to make Maxon. Not yours!"

He stopped at the window to look out.

"What about me? You left me once..."

"You threw me out!"

"I didn't want you to go! Fuck I loved you. I still fucking love you and I fucking love our daughter. Your pregancy was a mistake but she isn't. She's fucking perfect!"

Red sat quietly listening to ever painful word he said.

"I didn't fucking know the vasectomy failed. I had no fucking idea and you know what... that's my fucking fault too. I redid the test after six months but never opened the letter for the results. Fucking funny don't you think? All these years I thought, I assumed that I was fucking sterile and then you come along. You with your feisty attitude who knocked me for six from the first moment I saw you and what happens? You get pregnant... and I fucking lose you anyway."

"You didn't have to lose me Maxon but you chose to destroy me."

"I wanted you on your fucking knees begging me to forgive you for cheating. I wanted... I wanted you to come home!"