Grabbing his arms away from his face, I pulled him off the bed – which was harder than it sounds. He hit the floor with a solid thump and his eyes snapped open to glare at me.

I just smirked in return. He pressed his hand to his forehead as if he was in pain...well, he probably was. I had to swallow the laughter that bubbled up in my throat.

Without any warning, Nick reached up and I felt his arms quickly go around my waist, before he pulled me down on top of him.

Before I could say a word, he rolled us over, his arms still firmly locked around me as he rested his head on my stomach, closing his eyes.

‘You are not using me as a pillow right now’ I said darkly.

‘Karma’s a bitch’ he murmured sleepily, already drifting off...again.

‘Nick...seriously, we have to get up’ I said, sifting my fingers through his hair once before sitting up.

‘Why?’ he didn’t sound like he was going to be easy to be around today – stubborn idiot.

He did sit up though, surveying the room with a narrowed gaze.

‘Because we’re going home today, stupid’ I kissed him on the cheek as I scrambled to my feet.

His expression softened as he looked up at me and I couldn’t help the smile that leaped onto my face. I extended my hand to help him up.

‘Get dressed’ I told him, ‘I’m going downstairs’

He collapsed back onto the bed with another groan as he threw one arm across his eyes.

Without another word, I walked from the room, ruthlessly pushing the aching pain in my head to the back of my mind.

I could hear the faint sounds of movement coming from downstairs. I vaguely remembered Holly mentioning that everyone would have to be up early because her parents were coming home at some stage during the day.

A door to my right opened as I made my way to the stairs. Sean stumbled out, wearing his wrinkled clothes from last night.

I had a feeling that none of us were going to be raising our voices any time soon.

He grunted at me in greeting and I raised one hand in response. He looped one arm around my shoulders as we made our way slowly down the stairs, which strangely seemed to be moving from side to side like something out of a freaking Harry Potter movie.

‘Who else is up?’ I asked when I reached the last step.

‘Luke and Kylie are getting up now, and wherever Nick is’

‘He’s on his way’ I confirmed.

The kitchen looked like a bomb hit it.

It looked so much worse in the (sober) light of day. Bottles, glasses and half-empty plates of food were strewn about, while there were spilled drinks on the counters and sticky patches on the floor from people drunkenly stumbling about with full glasses in hand.

There was a stack of pizza boxes on the island – some empty and some with a couple of slices left. I loved cold pizza, but the thought of the hard cheese and congealing grease made my stomach turn in disgust.

I gave Jamie a wide smile when I saw him making tea – I needed caffeine, badly.

Kylie and Luke wandered into the kitchen moments after Sean and me. I’d never met Luke before, but he seemed like a really nice guy.