Chapter 7- Rules and Pictures

~~7~~

Isabella POV

I was sitting in front of Alassandro waiting for him to speak but he just kept looking at me as if he's trying to study me.

"Isabella how have you been?" he said making me jump from sudden talking.

"G-Good." I said quietly looking down. I peeked up to see what he was doing but he was already looking at me.

The atmosphere was tense and my body stayed tense waiting for him to say anything. I didn't dare say anything.

I was too scared he'd hit me or yell at me for doing something without his permission.

"Right then Isabella I'm glad you're back. I'm sure your brothers feel the same as well as you have met." He said in a monotone.

"I am Alessandro Bianchi, your oldest brother and your new legal guardian." I nodded

"We prefer verbal answers, it shows that you fully understand." he said furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Ok." I quickly answered

"We'll then let's start of with the rules you must follow if not, there will be punishment." he said looking at me start in the eyes with a stern look

"First, you are to respect your all your brothers and we will not tolerate bratty attitude."

"I understand." I said just below a whisper.

"Obviously your not to do drugs or drink anything of the stuff especially have sex, if I hear you have done anything of that sort I will personally deal with you." he said the last part in a low voice as if he could kill causing a chill to go down my spine

"I u-understand." I muttered shakily.

"You'll be starting school in a few days. You will be going shopping for any additional supplies you might want and anything to decorate your room with. I've seen your grades from your old schools. I expect you to keep it up. NO boys. Your brothers Noah, Sebastian, Michael and Matthew go to the same school"

"Are girls allowed?" I suddenly blurted out. He looked at me with a bit of shock. My eyes widened I realized what I said

"N-Never mind I didn't say a-anything." I exclaimed putting my hand out waving them in front of my face.

"You like girls?" He asked a bit stunned.

"Um I-it just s-suddenly came o-out." I stuttered.

"I guess we could change that rule. No dating." I blushed and nodded.

"Verbal answers, Isabella." Alessandro reminds.

"O-Ok."

"Lastly, you are never allowed to go to the third floor which leads to the basement. If you have been spotted anywhere around there you will be punished. The family business runs on that floor and we don't want any disturbances. I heard you had a problem with Matthew when you got here regarding you almost going up there so I will leave it since you didn't know about the rule. Now do you have any questions?" he asked while leaning back on his chair looking back at me with a serious expression.

"No" I said looking down

"Look up when you speak to me" he ordered. I put my head up

"If t-there's nothing else c-can I please l-leave?" I said hoping to leave.

"Yes, you may leave. I hope you find yourself comfortable here." He said with a slight soft look in his eyes.

I quickly got up, went out the door and peeked back in. He was still watching me. I gave a small wave making the end of his lips slightly go up and wave back. Then I shut the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

----------

I was lost

I tried to make it to my room on my own but clearly I failed and somehow made it outside.

I have to admit the back of the house was beautiful, in fact stunning. I wonder who actually took their time in taking care of it.

I stepped on the grass feeling the wind hit my face. My eyes wandered over the many flowers planted and walked through them finding a sense of comfort. It felt as if the world had stopped and I could do anything. I bent down to look at the beautiful flowers.

Whoever was taking care of them really did a wonderful job on them. Even though fall is almost here and it's getting colder the flowers looked as bright as they could ever be. I wondered again who took care of them.

*FLASH*

The sudden noise had jolted me from my thoughts as I looked up to see Noah standing there with a camera in hand.

"Oops- sorry. I couldn't help it. You were just in a really aesthetically pleasing scenery and fitted perfectly that I couldn't help but take a few photos." Noah said flustered as he rubbed the back of his neck while giving me a sheepish smile.

"I-It's ok" I mumbled even though I knew he couldn't hear me from the distance.

"So how did you end up here?" He asked.

"Got lost."

"If you want I can show you the way back." Noah offered. I nodded and followed behind him.

"Sorry if I was a little rude at dinner. I was just starving so I was focused on the food." he said while rubbing his neck. I didn't say anything and continued following him.

Silence had entered the atmosphere which led me to my own thoughts. I took a quick glance at Noah, he was focused on his camera.

I caught a glimpse of a few pictures on his camera and was surprised by how beautiful they looked.

"If you're wondering, I love taking photos, you could say it's a hobby. I was just looking through the photos I made of you. Wanna see?" I looked at him and nodded.

"Just a warning you should probably try to stop nodding and answer with a few words. I get your uncomfortable right now but soon they will want verbal answers. I bet Alessandro already went over the rules and stuff but you don't have to apply that stuff with me. I don't really take that stuff seriously but the others do." Noah explained.

"Ok." He chuckled and showed me the pictures. I was speechless was that really me.

"They l-look g-good." I said looking up at him.

He smiled "Thank you but I can't tell if you're telling the truth. You sound rather like Alessandro, really um- dull." Noah said, scratching his cheek and looking away.

"N-No, they r-really are nice." I said, trying to sound convincing. I wasn't lying, they really looked great. I still can't believe the girl in the pictures is me.

"Thank you and don't worry I believe you." He winks and stops in front of my room door.

"Well then here we are. This is your room."

"Thank you." I said quickly and rushed inside my room. I jumped onto my bed and snuggled into the bed. I wrapped the covers around me and grabbed my book no longer human by Osamu Dazai and flipped to where I left off.

_________________

Vote and comment

[Sept-07-20]

Dec-19-21