Winners' Ceremony: Romance

Hello and welcome! This is your host KaraCarreira!

Lao Tzu once said, "Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses."

Who knows that better than the romance nominees of The Peacock Awards? Today, we celebrate them and their wonderful stories!

Firstly, let's have a round of applause for our brilliant judges, without whom this would not have been possible:
xRigorMortis and Nicoismysenpai

*applause*

Feel free to check out their works on our reading list 'By The Judges of The Peacock Awards'.

Now, let's put our hands together for the nominees:
Bad Prince Charming by Passmetheadobo.
Wild by kjobrien.
Ruby Red, The Sequel - The Romance Story Continues by dlcroisette.
Living Lies by _krystalll_ .
F***in' Arizona by melanatedmelon.
My Brother's Girl by smittenwriter23.
Yours, Aphrodite by TinyAsianEmpress.
Entangled by Alabihoney.
The Light Has Left Your Eyes by heyitSmaria168.
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve.

*more applause*

Without further ado, here are the results:

BEST BOOK
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve with an average score of 9/10!

BEST CHARACTERS
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve with an average score of 9/10!

BEST SHIP (or relationships)
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve with an average score of 8.5/10!

BEST GRAPHICS
We have a tie, both with a perfect 10!
Yours, Aphrodite by TinyAsianEmpress
Entangled by Alabi_Honey

CROWD FAVOURITE
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve with a perfect 10!

And last, but not least, the OVERALL WINNER for the genre is
Amaranthine by -Nynaeve with an average score of 44.25/50

*applause*

***

Acceptance speech by -Nynaeve

At the outset, I wish to thank my judges and the Peacock Show for organising these awards. I am still a little stunned that my story 'Amaranthine' is the overall winner in the romance category. It is an honour and I am grateful for this recognition.

This story is very close to my heart, I had a great time writing it, and I am thrilled that the judges enjoyed reading it. And as always, I would dedicate this win to my lovely readers, for without their constant support and encouragement, this story would not be what it is. Thank you.

***

Congrats to all nominees! All the best with your future writing endeavours. May you continue to make readers cry, swoon and ship... sometimes at the same time, which is no easy feat!

Please PM this account with your email address for winners' stickers and certificates.

A quick note before you go: we are hoping to bring back our monthly publication The Peacock Show soon, but to do that, we need a crew! If you're interested in getting involved in our community, please head over to 'The Peacock Show' book and check out the posts that are available.

Thank you for joining us, and I hope that you'll stick around!