2

Malcolm

Business was doing great for Malcolm. His advertising agency had finally opened and it was catching a lot of attention. His first protentional client was Kuneva, a thriving clothing company. Apparently, the owner, Rashida Kuneva, wanted to expand her business. She was known around the metropolitan area for her online boutique, but she wanted to expand her business to more than just New York. She had plans to offer her merchandise to the entire United States.

Her words, not Malcolm's.

However, she wanted a brand for her clothing company. She needed a great marketing brand that would sell, successfully. Malcolm made sure he gathered and hired the appropriate workers for the job. Account directors, marketing directors, creative designers, brand strategist, graphic designers, and more were hired to work in Malcolm's ad agency.

"It's a pleasure doing business with you." Rashida told Malcolm as she adjusted her purse on her shoulder. "I'm so thankful for this opportunity."

Malcolm nodded his head as he peered over at the woman before him. She was average-looking, nothing to drool over. Her typical biracial features caught a lot of attention, but not from Malcolm. He saw her only as business.

"You're in good hands." Malcolm replied coolly as he looked over at the newly hired worker. "Edward Andersen here is one of the Account Directors. He's assigned over your brand. If you have any questions or concern, you let him know."

"That's right, I'm here for you." Edward cosigned as he slid his business card over the table. Rashida wasted no time grabbing it. Malcolm narrowed his eyes as he expertly examined his employee. He wanted him to stay professional—at all times.

"Thank you, I sure will." Rashida cheesed as she placed her eyes on the account director.

Instead of sticking around, Malcolm decided to leave everything up to Edward. He grabbed his things and went straight to his car. Arthur made sure to have it parked in front of the building. He wasted no time hopping in the passenger seat and buckling up.

"Where to, boss?" Arthur asked as he looked over at Malcolm who was busy typing away on his phone. Arthur knew it was Jersey by her contact name.

"Take me home."

"Check you out." Arthur joked as he pushed the gas pedal.

Malcolm didn't bother to look up, but he did answer him.

"What?"

"You all smitten and shit. I never thought I would see the day...and it's with Jersey."

In the beginning, Arthur assumed Malcolm didn't like Jersey because of her nosiness and how she tried to confront him about Rudy. However, he learned quickly that Malcolm's witty remarks and pesky behavior towards Jersey was only because he liked her.

"Get the fuck outta' here, man." Malcolm muttered under his breath. He didn't want to discuss his relationship with anyone. He wanted to keep his relationship with Jersey private. Only a few people knew about it.

"I'm just saying..." Arthur trailed off while watching his surroundings. He sat on the driver's side of Malcolm's Jaguar. The car was roomy, but Arthur managed to take up the driver's space and some. When he came to the red light, he pressed on the brakes and glanced over at his boss-turned-friend. Malcolm held a scowl on his face as he typed away on his blackberry. He had a touchscreen at the top with a keyboard displayed on the bottom of the phone.

"It's not a bad thing...to be in love."

Malcolm placed his attention on Arthur with his brows furrowed.