Chapter 4

Empire Chapter 4, a gossip girl fanfic | FanFiction

Chapter 4:

Lux's Point of View

I awoke in the morning to the sound of a light knock on my bedroom door, "Rise and shine!" Blair said, as she waltzed into my bedroom. I rolled over and glanced at the clock on the bed side table, 7:15am it read. I groaned. No one should be awake this early on a weekend, no one, it's not normal. I grabbed a feather down pillow and covered my head with it. Last night was a complete and udder disaster. For a semi smart girl I made a really stupid decision following Carter Baizen up onto that roof.

"Someone is trying to sleep here, can't you tell?" I groaned. I could hear Blair rummaging through my closet furiously throwing things on the floor and on the bed, I felt a boot or heel or something hard hit me dead in the back. I whipped my head up to see Blair still throwing things out of my closet.

"Blair, what are you doing?" I whimpered out sitting the rest of the way up in the bed, chucking a pillow across the room at her. She dodged it and laughed.

"Have you seen my Michelle Parries?" Blair huffed as she continued her search; I rolled my eyes and got out of bed and walked down the hall into her room, and pulled the pair of green heels out her closet and headed back to my room.

"They were in your closet." I said, dangling them in front of her. Her eyes lit up like a kid looking at ice cream and she snatched them out of my hand. "What happened to your neck?" Blair said, concern suddenly washing over her.

"Carter Baizen happened." I said, rolling my eyes and heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth for the thousandth time. I've been trying to brush the feeling of his tongue out of my mouth on and off all night.

"He likes it rough then?" Blair teased, as she followed me in the bathroom and began primping herself in the mirror. She was still in her silk robe and pajamas. I watched out of the corner of my eye as Blair ran her fingers through her auburn hair. Everyone says that Blair and I look a lot alike, we have the same hair color and the same button nose which I always thought was a little odd.

"No, he tried too... I don't know." I whispered after I finished brushing my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror, I had a softball sized purple and green bruise on the side of my neck where Carter had pinned his arm against me. My back was also a little sore from the windowpane he'd shoved me against.

"Are you okay?" Blair asked, touching my arm as I drifted off into space for a moment. I looked at her and gave her a tiny smile.

"Nothing happened. I'm fine." I said, nodding my head. Blair looked at me skeptically then let it go, knowing that's what I wanted her to do.

We both walked back into my bedroom, it was a decent size room with a queen size canopy bed with a floral down comforter. Eleanor had decorated it before I moved in. I sat down on the edge of the bed and picked up my phone, glancing at the screen I could see Chuck had called me a few times. "Get ready, I'm going to call Nate. I'm sure he forgot about brunch today." Blair said, before turning and heading back to her room.

I scrolled through my phone and decided to call Chuck back while I searched for something to wear to his father's annual brunch today. It was more for his business associates, but Chuck had invited us to attend as well. The phone rang a few times before I heard Chuck's smooth voice answer the phone,

"Hey... I called you a few times...Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm fine, Chuck. Really I am. I was fine when you asked me on the stairs, when you asked me in the limo on the way home, before and after you watched me brush my teeth." I sort of laughed out. He sighed on the other end of the phone. I could practically hear him rolling his eyes on the other end.