073. best friends

The door to Lexa's bedroom opened, but the Gilbert didn't hear it, as she was under the covers

The door to Lexa's bedroom opened, but the Gilbert didn't hear it, as she was under the covers. "Lexa?" A soft voice asked, but Lexa ignored it. Suddenly, a body plonked itself beside Lexa, and pulled the cover off of her head.

Lexa turned rolled over, her tear and mascara stained face meeting Caroline's. "Hi Care." Lexa greeted, her voice sounding empty, hurt. She wasn't annoyed at Sienna, and felt like this was the right thing... but it still hurt. Caroline's face fell, "Aw my baby." She said before she threw her arms around the siphoner, holding her.

Lexa felt tears sting her eyes, but didn't want to start crying. Not again. She had been ever since she got home the night before.

"You and Cece are still going to be best friends though, right?" Caroline asked, as she had spoken to Sienna earlier that morning. The Lockwood had made it clear that she didn't want to lose Lexa.

The Gilbert nodded, "Yeah.. but I feel like it won't be the same. How can two people that are in love with eachother, go back to being best friends without it being weird?" Caroline didn't know how to answer that.

"Does Elena know?" The Forbes asked, as she half expected to find Elena in here, comforting her twin. "Yeah, she does." She replied before adding, "Stefan has been freed from the tomb, I think she's gone to visit him."

Caroline suddenly sat up, "Cmon lets head downstairs. Bonnie is making pancakes, then we're off to school." The Forbes chirped. "I wanna stay in bed." Lexa pouted as Caroline smirked back in response, "Too bad, we have a whole exciting day filled with classes ahead of us." She tried to sound enthusiastic as Lexa groaned in response.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Natasha stood in the doorway, watching as Damon walked towards Rose, carrying a blood bag. Distress was written all over the heretic's face, as Rose was dying. She'd been bitten by a werewolf and was already beginning to hallucinate.

"I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old." Rose stated, as Damon handed her the blood bag. "Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." He trailed off before Rose spoke up, "So I can die. I've lived long enough."

Natasha felt her heart clench at that comment. The Petrova hadn't known Rose for long at all.. but it was clear there was something between them... a connection. Natasha didn't want Rose to die.

"You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." Damon declared, as he poured blood from the bag into a glass. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." Natasha spoke up in her usual chipper tone, as she approached the pair and took a seat beside Rose. "Just a little, fatal to a vampire, werewolf bite." Rose stated, as she looked at the heretic.