12.

Nate turns his attention to Jack, and introduces himself.

"Hey man, I'm Nate." He says, and dabs Jack up.

"Jack, man." Jack responds.

"I'll be right back." I say, and begin to walk away.

"Jane hold on." Nate yells, and walks after me. "I want to talk to you."

"What's up?"

"Uhm," He starts, and rubs the back of his neck. "Can we go somewhere private?"

"Sure, uh we can go up to my room."

"How about the spare bedroom?" He says walking to the room beside us.

He opens the door, and steps aside so that I can walk in first. When I walk in I take a seat on the bed, Nate shuts the door, and takes a seat beside me.

"So how are you?" He asks me.

"Fine." I shrug.

We sit there silently for a few moments, then all of a sudden he grabs my face, and kisses me deeply. "God I miss you." He breathes out.

I just sit there stunned. He's never kissed me like that before. As I said we only kissed once before, and it was nothing like that.

"I miss you, too." I finally say.

"Yeah?" He questions, and smiles. I look at him for a moment, getting lost in his beautiful eyes.

"I can't do this." I say, and stand up.

"What?"

"I can't do this!" I repeat. "Nate, I've missed you.. so much. But I have to keep myself distant because you won't do it."

"Jane-"

"No Nate, you won't. And I'll be sitting in the same position I was left in last time."

"What position?" He asks.

"...Missing you." I say. To put it lightly. I have strong, deep feelings for Nate, and if I don't keep things casual I'll be left with that same heartache. "I won't do it again." I say, before leaving the room.

"Where did you, and lover boy go?" Jack asks me when I walk back into the party room.

"Lover boy?"

"Yeah. You, and him don't have something together?" He asks.

"Me, and Nate? Ha! No. We're just friends. We were just talking."

"Oh. You were looking at her.. funny." He says looking behind me. I knit my eyebrows in confusion, and look behind me to find Nate standing there.

Jack walks away, and I turn to Nate. "I'm sorry." I say.

"I understand." He says, and puts on a fake smile. "Come on, let's go take a shot." He says, grabs my hand, and leads me to the liquor table.

.

.

Nate, and I pull chairs up to the table so we aren't far from the liquor, and stay there for hours just catching up, and laughing, and shit. I really have missed him not just in a romantic way but there was a while where Nate was my best friend. Someone who was disconnected from my situation, but still knew all about me, and my situation. I don't really know how to explain, but I really love him.

"Nate I gotta go to bed." I slur, and laugh. "I am FUCKED up!" I laugh again.

"Ok, well do you need help?"

"No I got this." I say and as soon as I get up I start to stumble.

"Let me help you." He chuckles. "Jump on my back." He says, and squats down.

"I'm not getting on your back." I laugh.

"Just get on."

"Nate if I get on your back I might throw up."

"Why would you throw up?" He laughs. "Just get on."

I give in, and climb on his back. When I do I bury my face in his neck, and take in his scent. He smells so good.

"God you smell good." I mumble against his skin, then he tightens his grip on my inner thigh which sends butterflies wild in my stomach. Shit.