fifteen

LIGHTS UP
fifteen | ❝that was a fucking mess.❞

               "WHAT NOW? We just go up to the door and ask, "Hey, have you seen John B?"" JJ posed, voicing the same concerns Wes had

The four teens were currently on the search for John B. Give the boys' state the last time they'd seen him- and the fact that he had the gun, they were worried that he might've acted on his anger and done something to hurt Ward Cameron.

The sky was dark now, Wes knew it was late and he bit his lip nervously at the thought of how upset Harry would be that he probably wouldn't make it home tonight.

He currently sat on the HMS Pogue, they were parked on the outside on the Cameron's dock, trying to come up with how to look for any sign of John B.

"Look, he lives in Tannyhill now. It's plausible," Kiara tried to justify, "look, we can play dumb."

"Play dumb?" JJ repeated, sounding exasperated.

"If this really guy's a murderer, I'd rather not play anything with him," Wes shook his head, sighing. He was worried about John B. He really hoped that for his sake, the boy had just gone off somewhere to cool off.

"It's pretty late," Pope commented, the thought of his interview in mind.

"Look, I've never seen John B like that," Kiara told them, "we should honestly be going to the cops."

"Cops?" Wes asked, sounding appalled by the idea.

"And say what, Kie?" JJ spoke. "We're worried about our friend because he's going off on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us!"

"Hey, I see Ward," Pope informed from where he stood, looking through some binoculars.

Kiara walked over, reaching for the item. "Lemme see."

"Doesn't look dead to me," Pope said, "let's go home."

"What?" Kiara asked, putting the binoculars down and turning to Pope, looking shocked.

"Uh.. Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay?" Pope told them. "I have the biggest, more important moment of my life in six hours."

Wes understood the boy's frustration. He knew how hard Pope had worked and he really wanted to see him get this scholarship. All of this really couldn't have happened at a worse time.