Chapter 32

"You sent Kaye home?" Billy whispered harshly.

Nakipag meet up si Vice kay Billy sa may bar para makapag usap sila ng kaibigan. Dahil sa nangyari ngayong gabi, having to choose between two women, Vice needed to de-stress, what better way than to drink alcohol. Again.

Tumango si Vice bago pinasa kay Billy yung inorder nya na scotch para dito, "Surprised?"

"Akala ko ba gusto mo si Kaye?"

"Gusto ko rin naman si Liz ah."

"Vice, what is this really about?"

Uminom muna si Vice before he twisted his body to face Billy, "Alam mo, during my one-on-one with Kaye... I was so sure na si Liz ang pauuwiin ko."

"What happened?"

"It's stupid." Natatawang sagot ni Vice at umiling.

"Brad, all your decisions so far have been reckless and stupid."

"Wow, salamat sa support ha."

"Ano nga nangyari? Bakit si Liz ang bumalik dito at hindi si Kaye?"

//

"Turn ko na ba?" natatawang tanong ni Kaye. Napatawa na lang din si Vice bago nya ni-lead si Kaye papunta sa grand circle ng museum.

When they arrived, Vice clicked his fingers once and the lights started to dim. May music din na nagsimulang tumugtog.

She may be the face I can't forget

"Can I have this dance?" mala gentleman na tanong ni Vice at niyuko pa ang ulo before offering his hand to Kaye.

The trace of pleasure or regret

Tinanggap naman ni Kaye yung kamay ni Vice. Her other hand was gently placed on his shoulder while Vice's other hand was on her back.

May be my treasure
Or the price I have to pay

They swayed slowly to the tune of the music.

Eye to eye.

She may be the song that summer sings
May be the chill that autumn brings
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day

Vice smiled at her so Kaye bowed her head down because of the huge blush that crept up on her face.

He continued to stare at Kaye habang nag s-slow dance parin sila sa music.

She may be the beauty or the beast
May be the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell

Nagulat na lang si Kaye at kinilig lalo nung sinabayan na ni Vice yung kanta while still holding her delicately so close to him, "She... maybe the mirror of my dreams." He winked as he sang this line.

The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell

During the instrumental bit in the song, Vice suddenly stopped them from dancing. He reached for Kaye's chin at tinilt ang ulo nito pataas so he can clearly see her face.

While maintaining eye contact with Kaye, he slowly reached for her lips.

The kiss lasted for almost a minute... Para naman nag stand still ang oras para sa kanilang dalawa, especially kay Kaye since ito ang first kiss niya with Vice.

When Vice opened his eyes when he pulled away, hindi mukha ni Kaye ang nakita nya.

"Karylle..." he breathed out unknowingly.