Chapter 32

“You.. Are .. .. Scared..Of heights!!” I manage to say in between laughs.

“No.. I’m not... I prefer the ground than being suspended in the air that’s all” Ryan says trying to act nonchalant.

We had just come down from the Ferris Wheel ride and I’d just gotten to know then that Ryan Christopher Devon my best mate, an ex-footballer was scared of heights!

Who would have guessed that a guy who was the quarterback on the school’s footy team would be scared of heights! In the entire ride Ryan had held my hand and his eyes were shut tight! I tried to convince him to open his eyes to enjoy the view but he just sat there muttering incoherently and gripping onto my wrist even tighter with his nails almost digging into my skin! And they say girls have big nails.. Surely they should see Ryan’s then.

While it was a babysitting ride for me but for my friend it was 15 minutes of blind torture. He occasionally let out a scream too. When finally the ride ended did he open his eyes but even then he was walking like a drunk so I was still holding his hand so that he wouldn’t dash into anything or anyone for that matter.

“Yeah right” I reply and start laughing again.

“Ok.. so.. want to get something to eat?” Ryan asks slightly blushing as he scratches the back of his neck trying to change the subject.

“How about ice cream”? I ask

“Sounds great” he replies as we make our way to the little ice-cream van.

 We look like a typical couple which has popped out of a very cliché 90’s chick flick! Walking in a very bright and very sparkling fun-fair, with me holding onto my strawberry ice-cream cone in one hand and my life size toy elephant with the other and Ryan walking with a chocolate chip ice cream cone in his hand beside me. Only that we’re not a couple. And that reminds me I still have to “talk” to Ryan. As we decide to walk towards a nearby bench and sit down we hear a blood-curdling scream.

I turn around immediately in its direction and Ryan does the same. We walk ahead in the same direction to check out what’s wrong. I’m hoping that it’s not the Ferris Wheel which has stopped working and people are trapped in it hanging mid-air because then that’ll be really scary.

People start gathering and soon there’s a sea of people but we can’t really make out what’s going on. Somebody pushes me hard and I almost fall but Ryan grabs my arm preventing me from falling down.

Suddenly the sea of people starts parting and I can see 6 people walking in the distance. Six guys to be specific. They are walking in our direction.. As they walk closer I could make out their faces.

My much loved superbly delicious strawberry ice-cream slipped off from my hand and fell down on the dusty ground with the shock of seeing these people here!!

Oh No!

Oh No No No No NO!!!!!

This can’t be happening!! Not here Please God!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Hi people! I had been on a long vacay that's why couldn't upload earlier but anyway I'm back. And when I saw the "1K READS" I was blown away! Thanks so so so much. Luv ya'll.

Check out my other story too "Just A Dream"

And don't forget to press the tiny star to vote and while your at it you can even comment  if u want :)

Peace V

-Z_drifter