The Light in the Darkness Chapter 1

|Nico's PoV|

Heartbreaks are terrible. Especially when there is no one there for you. Sitting in my cabin thinking about some of the last words I said to my be ex crush: You're not my type.

I suppose,in fact, that he was my type until the time. If not, I would not have liked him to the point of despising him. I was in over my head; young and vulnerable.

Now that the war is over everyone can have a normal life-as normal as a demigod can possibly have- and enjoy the company of others. I, however, will not feel that, since no one can stand to be around me for more then ten seconds.

A knock on my door removes me from my reoccurring thoughts. I slid out of my sitting position in the bed and shuffle towards the door. Creaking, I open the door to see Will shaking his head in a disproving way, but by his smile I can tell he isn't angry or mad.

"Don't you remember what I said about being in the infirmary?"

"I remember. I just chose not to go," I mumble and begin closing the door. He places his hand on his side of the door and opens it once again.

"Doctor's order Nico. Now come on," he said while grabbing my hand and pulling me into the bright outdoors.

I feel my face heating up, perhaps due to the fact that Will never let go of my hand, even though I want to convince myself it's because of the heat.