Friends

*Selena's POV*

   'Let's get you cleaned up.'
   Gauze, bandages, and rubbing alcohol. Those were the only things that I could really focus on when Demi came back from my bathroom after leaving me on the floor. I didn't want to focus on Demi; not after my confession. Especially not after she'd blatantly ignored it.

   It took me lying on the floor in a time of desperate need and having only Demi to turn to for me to finally admit it, but I did it. I told her that I wanted her the way she wanted me. Yet, she chose to ignore it and just... smile? It wasn't even one of those genuine 'Demi' smiles that would make anyone swoon. It almost looked like me wanting her made her sad. Had I said it at the wrong time?

   So, as I sat on the floor upon her return, I dared not to look up. Suddenly, the minuscule fuzz balls in my carpet became of great interest to me. Anything but Demi.

   "Shit," I hissed when I felt a sharp sting at my wrist. She'd began applying the rubbing alcohol to the wound and didn't hesitate in pouring the full needed amount all at once. When she saw that I was about to pull away, because ironically I was a sucker when it came to cleaning wounds, she held onto my arm tighter.

   The feeling that came with her touch was something I can't believe I could ever ignore. It was like everything about her set me on fire in every way, pardon my use of the cliche term. Was this new, or had the feelings been there the whole time. Was Demi nearly kissing me all it took for me to figure them out?

   What about for Demi? We hadn't talked about them, but her feelings were just as confusing as my own. She hadn't given me any signs to lead me to even suspect that she had feelings for me before trying to kiss me. Maybe she was an expert at hiding. She'd spent most of her life hiding away in herself anyway. Though, her mood when we were around Justin should've been enough for me to at least suspect something. Or her being overly okay with the relationship rumors going around about us.

   By the time she was finished delicately wrapping my arm, which I couldn't help but admire, I was done with the silence. Of course, there was always silence with Demi, but I was tired if not talking.
   'So, are we just gonna ignore e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g that's happened today?' I signed as we scooted towards the edge of my bed, backs against the board. It came off as more forceful than I intended, but I was getting more anxious at the second. I wanted Demi.

  'I actually want to talk about what I just saw, but I wanted to wait until you were ready.'
   I groaned. Not because I didn't want to talk about what she walked in on- well that was a factor, but if I had to talk to anyone about my struggles, it'd be Demi. I just didn't want to focus on them when we could focus on something happy instead, something like Demi and I.

   'Demi, not now.' I brought my fist to my chest and signed, 'Please.'

   'Yes now, Selena,' she was signing frantically again. I knew what this meant. Demi didn't get angry often, but she was on a roll today. And when she was angry, she blew. 'If not now, then when? Listen, if this is about earlier...'
   She kept signing, but I could barely catch a word from that point on. Her hands were moving so fast that I think she momentarily forgot that I'd only just started signing a few months ago. Not to mention that she didn't even have the decency to spell a few words out.If the situation weren't so serious, I'd actually laugh at how ridiculous it looked.

   I brought out my left hand upwards and sharply placed down my right hand at an angle in top of it. We hadn't used it much, but I remembered that was the sign for, 'Stop'.

   'You're signing too fast and I can't ...understand... a word you're saying,' I continued to sign when she finally let her hands fall. It was hard to take charge while stumbling over your words and taking forever just to get a sentence to flow.'But before you get any further, earlier today wasn't the only reason that I did what I did.'
   She stared at me. She was obviously confused. 'It's not right for me to push you like this. I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me, but just know that I'm here for you,' she signed much slower then. It didn't even seem like she was angry anymore. She just seemed...