Chapter 4

So these are basically filler chapters so you understand every single thing. But we are almost there. Just...one...more.. -bites your face- Lol 

****I APOLOGIZE IF ANYTHING SEEMS MESSED UP BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON WATTPAD IS MIXING MY SENTENCES UP....AND IT'S KIND OF CREEPY...****

Enjoy!

-----------------------------

If I didn't know any better I would say that someone was watching me. Or something. I sat up in the bed, the blanket slipping off my body letting the cold sink in. I shivered slightly as my eyes searched the dark. 

Nyx must have turned the lantern off cause I didn't. There was a slight breeze behind the curtains. They moved slightly letting the moonlight into the bedroom.

When did the window open? I crawled from the bed going to it. My fingers brushing against the thin polyester curtains moving it back some. The moon thick above the trees, its light casting down shades upon the ground. The wind seemed to rustle the leaves causing the trees to sing in the night.

Though we were close to the town, there were no house neighbored to Nyx. You would have to walk down the road to get to them. Which wasn't far.

My eyes traveled back to the trees across the way. I wondered why the trees seemed disturbed. They were shaken up by something, and I couldn't help but feel like they mirrored me.

Then I saw it. The lump moved through the forest. The trees swayed roughly under the wind as it blew harder knocking the windows wide close then open rattling the window. I shrieked, flinching in surprise. 

My fingers moving from the window pane as I looked up. The dark lump in the forest now still. It stood there facing me. 

Maybe I was just dreaming? And then it moved. It moved forward and past the trees stopping at the road.

Staring straight ahead, it rested there watching me. My body shivered in terror as the large black lump slowly inched out the forest and into its shadow on the road staying hidden from light but approaching me.

"Nyx..." I called lowly backing away from the window. Its movement slowed as ears perked from the lump as if it heard my call for help. Then it dashed forward. "NYX!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs turning on my heel and bolting out the room. The entire place was pitch black but I didn't care. I ran down the hall hitting the wall and running into the door.

Crashing at my window as moonlight shined through my room. My eyes going to it as a shadow eased past the doorway.

"Nyx!!" My hands felt around for the handle until I found it forcing the door open. I quickly moved into the room closing the door.

"W-what, Tate what's wrong?" He his voice was thick with sleep as he was lighting a candle. His body slump over his dresser as he yawned.

"T-t-theres- i-it- I-" I trembled in fear unable to get the words out as I fell to the ground. All the fright taking away my energy. But my hand was still tightly gripped on the handle. I waited for the pounding at the door to start but it didn't.

"Hey hey," Nyx kneeled down in front of  not understanding any of the words that came out my mouth. Mostly due to the crying and shaking of my body. "Everything's alright." He stated softly pulling me into his chest again. His hand rubbing at my back to soothe me.

As if under a spell I stopped crying but my body trembled against his. We sat there for awhile til he felt me calm down.

"Come on now. Let's rest up before the day starts-" I gripped at his chest tightly keeping him from getting up. I shook my head no not saying a word. "Tate I won't anything harm you okay?" Those were just words but I felt safer with just someone else being here to let me know I wasn't going insane.