Insect Invasion

It was a bright and early Tuesday morning at U.A. High School. Hero Course student Togaru Kamakiri was on his way to class when he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. He saw a Mantis on the grass, right outside of the 1B dorms. He just stared at it for a few seconds and looked around to see if anyone was watching him. He then put his bag down, unzipped it, and reached into his bag to grab a little glass jar. Kamakiri loved collecting Insects. It was a hobby of his. He scooped the little guy up and sealed the jar. It was a special kind of jar that had little breathing holes at the top, small enough so not insect could crawl out and large enough for oxygen to still be supplied.

Kamakiri: There you are little guy, another one for the collection.

Kamakiri looked up at the clock right outside the dorms. It was 6:30. Class starts at 8:00 sharp. With extra time to kill, he headed back up to his dorm room to place the Mantis in the Habitat he had. He re-entered the dorms, looked around, and made his way back upstairs before anyone saw him. Just as he was about to make it to his dorm room, he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around to see Setsuna Tokage.

Tokage: Heya Kamakiri, what are you doing up so early? Class doesn't start till 8:00.

Kamakiri: I uh- was just going out for some fresh air is all.

Tokage: In your School Uniform?

Kamakiri: Yeah.

Tokage looked closer to see Kamakiri was hiding something behind his back.

Tokage: Whatcha got behind your back there?

Kamakiri: Nothing. Now if you don't-

Tokage used her quirk to detach her hand and swipe the jar from behind him. She looked at the jar and back at Kamakiri. He was frozen.

Tokage: Awww, he's so cute. What'd you name him?

Kamakiri: Name him? Why would I name him?

Tokage: Why not, is the better question?

Kamakiri: Alright whatever, you caught me. Now give it back.

Tokage rolled her eyes and licked her lips.

Tokage: I'll give it back under one condition.

Kamakiri just stared.

Tokage: Tell me, what were you planning on doing with this little guy?

Kamakiri: That's none of your business.

Tokage: Alrighty then, guess it's my mantis now!

Kamakiri: Your persistence is annoying. Fine. But keep this a secret between us, okay?

Tokage put her fingers together and dragged them across her lips. Indicating that her lips were sealed.

Kamakiri opened the door to his dorm room.

Kamakiri: Follow me.

Tokage has a confused look on her face but she was genuinely excited on the inside. When Class 1B did that dorm room showcase, Kamakiri was the only one who was asleep and didn't participate.

Tokage's thoughts: I wonder what's gonna be inside. Guitars, heavy metal posters, Knives, boxing equipment? The possibilities are end-

Tokage stopped dead in her tracks when she stepped inside. Kamakiri had shelves full of little habitats for all kinds of bugs and insects. She didn't expect this from someone as violent and hot-tempered as him.

Kamakiri: Well?

Tokage: Sorry, I was just- I didn't expect your room to have so many cages for bugs. Do you collect them?