09 ♪ Warmth

"what are you doing here?" you asked the blonde who was standing in front of your gate.

"pickin' you up, what else?"

it was monday morning when you spotted atsumu outside your house casually leaning against the wall, waiting for you to come out of your humble adobe. takeru who just walked out the door, happily greeted the male.

"ohayo, atsumu-kun!" he ran out to the older boy and gave him a high five.

"ohayo takeru-kun. have you had breakfast?"

"yeah! nee-chan made some pancake shaped like cats!" your brother laughs. "it even had chocolate chip as the eyes and nose!"

"oi. is it really necessary to tell him that?" you say while locking your door.

"heh~ didn't know you had a cute side [Y/N]-chan." atsumu teased.

you clicked your tongue loud enough for them to hear. "you got a problem with that?" you walked towards the two after putting the keys in your bag to keep them secure. "and since when did you add chan to my name?"

"just thought it's very unlike you, considerin' you seemed to act like a gorilla most of the ti– gah!" you smacked the back of his head before he could continue what he was saying.

"let's go takeru." you took your brother's hand and walked away, leaving a groaning atsumu behind.

"hey, wait up!" he yelled and catches up to the two of you. "i woke up early just to walk with you to school y'know." he pouts, placing his hands at the pockets of his jeans.

"no one told you to do that stupid." you scowled.

"i think that's pretty kind of you, atsumu-kun!" takeru praised.

"see, takeru thinks i'm a gentleman, don'tcha?" atsumu looks at takeru for approval in which he nods happily.

"see [Y/N] i told you he's not like him!" takeru says, swinging yours and his hands around. you flinched when your brother suddenly mentioned him.

"him?" atsumu asks, his eyes widening a bit.

"takeru, shut it–"

"yeah, nee-chan's ex bo– mmpphff!" you covered takeru's mouth with your hand before he could say anything any further. he was struggling in your grip, trying to get out.

"nothing, nothing!" you laughed nervously, hoping atsumu wouldn't question anything more. he just rose his brows and turned his gaze back to the road, staying silent the whole walk to takeru's school.

you finally dropped takeru off, telling him to be good for the rest of the day. he nods, and went inside. you and atsumu had begun walking to inarizaki, nothing but silence for the first five minutes of the walk until he asked a question.

"so, you had an ex?"

your eyes widen, you didn't actually think he'd caught on to what takeru said earlier. little did you know that that was all that atsumu was thinking about the whole time you were walking.

"y-yeah." you look away.

"...was he from here?"

"no. i'd rather not talk about him."

atsumu nods, understanding the situation. he didn't want to pry and make you uncomfortable so he chose to be silent. but still, he couldn't seem to get it out of his head. sure you were very pretty, but he thought you'd never been in a relationship before hence why he picked you for the deal in the first place.

"why'd you want to walk with me to school?" you ask when you saw him spacing out.

atsumu snapped out of his thoughts and answered your question. "you'll see." he smirks.