Chapter 2

It had taken a lot longer than Illumi would've liked to get to Hisoka's hotel room, so by the time he had gotten there he was soaked. The woman at the reception was currently fast asleep so Illumi just walked past her and up the stairs. Glancing down at his phone, he checked Hisoka's room number. 29. That meant it should be on the third floor. Illumi was correct in his judgement, sighing lightly as he walked to Hisoka's door. This hotel was disgusting, the ceiling seemed to be collecting mould, the carpet had frayed and been stained in various places, and the wallpaper was peeling  off the wall. This was definately not a place Illumi would choose to stay. But currently, he didn't have a choice.

He reached Hisoka's door and lifted his fist, ready to knock on the door before it swung open. Illumi took a step back, almost thinking Hisoka would jump out at him but of course, the magician didn't. He just stood in the doorway, a cocky smile on his face, and very few items of clothing on his body. All he was wearing were a pair of boxers. Of course, the lack of clothes didn't faze Illumi in the slightest as he stepped forward. "Hello Hisoka. I appreciate you letting me stay."
Hisoka smiled at Illumi before stepping out of the way and gesturing for him to come inside. Illumi hesitated for a moment before shrugging and walking inside.

The room was nicer than the hallway, still not exactly up to Illumi's impeccable standards, but it wasn't basically falling apart. Hisoka hadn't decorated it any differently, which was understandable as he most likely wouldn't be staying here for ages. Illumi dropped his soaking wet bag down next to him and turned to Hisoka who was currently closing and locking the door. "So, Mr, Zoldyck. What brings you here? You must have a reason to be staying with me, I know you well enough to know you would not choose this." Hisoka chuckled and turned to face Illumi before realising he was soaked. "Want a towel?"

Illumi stared at him for a few moments before nodding. "Yes. That would be appreciated. And I do indeed have a reason for coming here. I didn't have anywhere else to stay."
Hisoka pulled out a towel from the cupboard, tilting his head lightly before chucking it towards Illumi, who obviously caught it with no effort. "Mind explaining why?"
Illumi covered his hair with the towel, trying to stop it from dripping everywhere. "I'm on a mission. My family cannot aid me at all in this and you're the only other person I know who would be willing to lend me assistance." Illumi realised that his bag had been soaked through, and realised that any change of clothes would also be soaked.

Hisoka raised his eyebrows but the smile on his face only grew wider. "Oh? And what might this mission be? You've gotten me curious now Illumi~" Hisoka opened his wardrobe and pulled out a pair of pyjamas, holding them out for Illumi. "And take these, they should fit you."
Illumi stared at the clothes in his hand before taking them and looking round the room. "I'll explain the mission when I'm dry, where's the bathroom, I need to change."
Hisoka pointed to a white door and smiled to Illumi. "Alright then. I'll be waiting just here." He sat down on the bed and crossed his legs, leaning back onto a pile of cushions.

Illumi nodded to him before walking into the bathroom with his bag and the borrowed clothes. They were Hisoka's so obviously, they were pink, a vile colour in Illumi's eyes. But again, he didn't have a choice. He couldn't risk getting a cold or something while on this mission. That would completely obliterate his chances of succeeding. He hung up his soaking clothes over the bath and left them their to dry, quickly changing into the fluffy pyjamas and walking back into the bedroom. The pyjamas smelled of cherry, a common scent around Hisoka. Hisoka glanced over at him and chuckled, placing a hand on his cheek. "Now now~ I never thought I would see you wearing something like that. I wonder what else I could get you to wear."

Illumi ignored the man's fairly suggestive comment, walking over and sitting down on the bed across from him. "I suppose you want an explanation of the mission?"
Hisoka chuckled before stretching out his legs and laying on his back. "Is that even a question Illumi? Of course." Hisoka didn't really show it but he was curious as all hell.
Illumi looked up at the ceiling before looking back down at Hisoka. "The mission is simple. Retrieve Alluka. But I don't actually know where her or Killua are, so I'm not sure where to start." Illumi scratched the side of his head and stared at Hisoka who just hummed to himself and nodded.

"Mm yes, that is certainly a difficult situation. Don't you usually ask that useless fat brother of yours for the location?" Hisoka looked over at Illumi and smiled sweetly.
"Well first of all, he isn't useless and second of all. Yes. But obviously I can't since none of my family can help me." Illumi blinked a few times before staring down at his lap. If he hadn't messed up those missions, he wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. If only he had been better. Illumi sighed before checking his phone for the time. 03:26. Illumi was surprised and grateful that his phone hadn't been broken by the rain. At least one thing had gone his way.

Hisoka looked up at the ceiling again and slit his eyes. "I suppose you want my help? To find your brother I mean. If so, I am willing to help you. I think it would be fun, far more challenging than usual. You know, since you haven't just been handed everything you need. You actually have to work for yourself for once, isn't that fun."
Illumi stared at Hisoka and he could tell that if he showed emotion, he would be glaring at him right now. "It's not fun. It's annoying. And I'm not welcome back to the family until I've completed this."
Hisoka smirked at him and clapped his hands. "That just adds to the thrill~"

Illumi knew that he would never understand Hisoka, so he never really tried. "Well, I want to sleep. I don't mind sleeping on the floor if you give me some cushions or something."
Hisoka chuckled and sat up, shaking his head. "It's fine, you sleep in the bed, I'll stay on the floor. I'm treating you Illumi~" He got to his feet and pulled off a few of the cushions chucking them onto the floor and sitting down.
Illumi just watched him move before shuffling back into a more comfortable place and laying down on his back. He didn't really feel safe going to sleep with Hisoka around but for some odd reason, he felt confident the man wouldn't try killing him. Especially not in his sleep.

"Goodnight Illumi~" Hisoka hummed from on the floor as he felt sleep already begin to grab at his body.
Illumi shuffled on the spot, feeling  slightly uncomfortable about this entire situation. He would have to travel with Hisoka again, he would have to rely on Hisoka. Hisoka, the psychopathic clown. He could already tell this was not going to be an easy mission.

♡~°This, my friends, is called not knowing what the fuck to write! But yeah, take my shit anyway, you're welcome.°~♡