All Time Low. Remembering Sunday Oneshot.

Before you begin to read this, you should know this is the ONLY part.

It's a one shot, meaning it's only meant to be a slice of life.

Remembering Sunday <3

  I listened to the last strums of the song play, then come to an end. Every time I listened to this song, it made my heart ache painfully. It was a reminder to what I was, and now what I wasn’t. It reminded me of how much I missed the boys, and how much I wanted to be back on the road with them.

    The song began again, being on repeat for at least an hour now. This song made me remember all the good times I had with the guys of the band All Time Low. Just the name sent shivers down my spine as I laid helpless in bed, not willing to do anything for the weekend.

    This is what my life became the day my parents discovered what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, I wanted to go on the road with the band members of All Time Low, play the guitar and sing right along side of Alex. It was originally his idea, from the very first day he heard me sing, but my parents didn’t see what he saw. At first they just believed this was a phase I was going through, and I wasn’t actually serious on joining the band, because at the time instead of playing for crowds of thousands, they played for me in Alex’s basement. Those were some of the best days of my life.

    When my parents discovered a week after I graduated I would be going on the road, the immediately took me out of public school and forced me to come to this stupid boarding school states away from my friends, family, and the band. They claimed they were doing what was best for me, but the whole drive out there, they ignored my tears.

    I had been here for close to a year now, and I had made new friends that helped take the distraction away from what I was truly feeling. All I really wanted was to go home, and wrap my arms around that lead singer… but I knew it was impossible now. My Mother had sent me a letter a couple weeks ago telling me that the band was doing just fine and had left without me. It was pathetic that I knew every stop they were going to make, and how much I wished I could be there.

    I didn’t know if I should be happy that they could continue the band without me, or be crushed that they didn’t need me. It’s not like every song I sang in, so they probably manage just fine… I just want to know they miss me too. They shouldn’t have to need me to miss me, we grew up together. We did everything together, especially Alex and I. Like when all the boys built a tree house, and put a sign that said ‘No Girls’, Alex broke that rule just for me, and when this stupid girl from down the block wanted in we all threw water balloons at us because rocks would hurt.

    Through out school everyone knew us as the gang of friends, but ever since my Junior year I had been alone. I was the only Junior of the pack, the rest of them all being Seniors, they had just graduated and right on schedule were on tour.

    On tour without me.

    The song continued to play in my head, and I pictured Alex singing the magical lyrics of Remembering Sunday. It was so mellow that I let the tune take me, closing my eyes remembering what it was like to be with everyone and all the good times we’ve had together. Then the girl started singing, and a smile grew on my face. It was me. Belting out the lyrics Alex wrote for me, not knowing I would soon be the singer for that part. I was just playing with it one day when Alex told me that we would be doing duets together, but I loved the idea of it. I pictured Alex’s face when he watched me sing and it made my heart swell, how I wanted to sing with him, how I wanted to be with him and the rest of the band. Screw school, screw my parents, screw everyone. It’s what I wanted to do.