sixteen

ASHTON -

I woke up earlier than usual, well if i'm honest i couldn't even sleep. I had completely fucked up with Nina, i told her to move to freaking America! I'm such an idiot. It's unbelievable. Well actually it's pretty believable if you know me.

So since i was awake i thought i might as well do something productive, i grabbed my phone and rang Milly. I needed her help.

"Ashton what do you want?" She groaned, i sighed realizing that it was particularly early and i had woke her up.

"Sorry Milly, i didn't mean to bother you. I just need Luke's number and also i need you to come around here later with Michael and Luke. If they'll come" I said, Nina needed cheering up. I knew Milly, Michael and Luke would do the job.

"I don't think giving you Luke's number is a good idea" Of course she would think that, "also, what did you do Ashton? Is Nina okay?" She asked. I sighed and she knew the answer.

"We had another argument and this time i was very harsh, but she was too. Anyway, come around about 12. It's her day off and she needs a good gossip. She misses Luke too" I said, ugh i hated that boy. But i had to make the effort, it was my fault they're not talking. "Just text me Luke's number please!" I said before saying goodbye and putting the phone down.

A few seconds later i got a text from Milly which contained Luke's number. Well here goes nothing.

"Who's this?" Luke said answering, isn't he just so nice? Not rude at all.

"Luke it's Ashton and if you think about hanging up i'll just come to your house" I said quickly before he had the chance to put the phone down on me.

"What do you want? Is Nina okay?" He asked sounding worried, no matter how cute it was i still disliked him.

"She's a bit down, i was wondering if you could come around about 12? She needs cheering up" I said hoping that the answer would be yes.

"Of course, now if that's all you want i-"

"No Luke wait, this argument you're having with Nina is my fault and i don't want you to blame Nina. I agree with you i am a dickhead, but i'm a dickhead that likes your friend a hell of a lot and i just want to prove that i can actually be good to her" I said as i felt a mixture of anger and sadness boiling up inside of me.

"Ashton i have one question, why is she angry or sad right now?" He asked, i wondered why considering that had nothing to do with what i just said. But i answered anyway.

"Because i-" I began but Luke cut me off.

"You see, you're the problem" He said, wow that was rude. I was just trying to be nice to him but of course he had to shove it back in my face. Although i hate the boy he had a good point, it is me. I'm the problem. "But Ashton, for some reason my idiot of a best friend seems to like you too. So go ahead i'll give you a chance, but fuck with her and i swear you'll regret it. She is so out of your league".

"Thank you Luke" I said before saying goodbye. I felt a bit of happiness enter my body, Nina might see a bit of the guy i could be now. She might actually consider not killing me now.

My door was opened and Nina stood there with messy hair and in her pajamas. She looked cute even though she also looked a bit confused. "Were you talking to Luke?" She said with a yawn.

"Yes i invited them over for 12 and talked to Luke about you, you're both fine" She smiled for a few seconds but then it disappeared and she nodded and walked out. "Wait, what's up?" I asked following her back into her room.

"Nothing" She said sitting down on her bed, oh i hate when girls do this. It's obvious something is wrong, why don't you just say!?

"Nina seriously!" I said slightly raising my voice, she was the only girl ever to make me loose it so quick, but also the only girl that could make me smile so much.

"Ashton don't yell at me, i'm not six" She said with a sigh.

"You're sure acting like it" I said before walking out.

Sometime's i hate myself, i can never keep it cool around her. She makes my heart burn and my anger just comes out. She must freaking hate me. I can never just sit down and talk to her, i always fuck up and end up yelling at her.

She walked into my room, this time she was dressed in a leather skirt, a crop top and her hair up in a perfect bun. She sat down beside me on my bed, she looked so beautiful, i could have taken her right there. But i pushed that feeling to the side and looked at her.

"Ashton, i'm thankful for everything you've planned today. But please stop fighting my battles for me and trying to make sure i'm doing the best thing, i'm only 17 i need to make mistakes to learn. This job in America is-"

"What i said last night, i didn't mean it please don't go" She looked at me but then carried on talking.

"one of my mistakes, i was just curious. I need the money but your family is so much more important to me than money. But you see Ashton, every time i do something that you don't agree with you always yell at me as if you're my daddy" She said with a slight smirk, but then she went serious again "I don't know why you do it but you need to stop otherwise i might just have to take that job to get away from you before i murder you". She smiled at me and placed her head on my shoulder.

"Nina i only do it because i care for you" I said, this caused her to laugh. Which made me angry, i did care about her this wasn't a joke. I balled my fists up and took a deep breath to try and calm myself. But it didn't work.

"Sorry" She said realizing what she had done, i just rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Well then if you don't want me to stick my nose in your business and be protective i suppose we shouldn't really do whatever we are doing, like hooking up and shit. I think we should go back to the day i arrived. You're the maid and i'm just Mr Irwin" I said as i felt sadness fill my eyes. She stood up and nodded before smiling and walking out.

I rang Calum to invite him around, Nina needed her friends and i needed mine.

It was now 12 o'clock and everyone was at our house, Luke and Nina seemed peachy and everyone was enjoying themselves. My mother insisted that we have some snacks and alcohol, i think she thought it was some sort of bad party not a get together, but anyway she put the them in Nina's room so me and Calum sat in there, to be honest it wasn't half bad.

The worst part was not being able to take my eyes off Nina, but she seemed happy with the decision that i made earlier. Which only frustrated me, i wanted her to need me as much as i need her. She needed to want me.

"Pst" I said in Milly's ear as i walked over to the bed where she was, "Come outside for a second". She nodded and walked out of Nina's room with me, she was the perfect plan.

"What's up Ash?" She asked as i smirked at her. "I am not sleeping with you, Nina clearly has feelings for you even though she might not admit them, so no i'm not fucking you" She said as she shook her head.

"Milly i might be cold but i'm not that cold. I just need you to flirt with me a bit in front of Nina so she get's jealous".

"You told her this morning that you and her were done, what is up with you Ashton? She isn't a board game Ashton you can't just play with her!-" She whisper shouted, i placed my hand over her mouth. Stopping the rant that was pouring out of her mouth.

"I'm not, i just want her to want me. Believe me i have no intentions of playing her, i just need her." I said with a smile.

"I am not doing this" Milly said placing her arms over her chest.

"Milly, if what Nina say's is true, that she doesn't like me and doesn't want anything to do with me, this won't affect her. But if she does, she will be pissed and bam you've helped her realize she likes me. Happy ending all around" I said with a smirk at the end. Milly rolled her eyes before saying fine.

Plan Nashton underway.