13

"You came here on your own accord? How rare." Xander rushed over and pulled me into a hug.

Why did I even decide to come here?

"Brother's busy. I was bored. And can you loosen up a bit, I can't breathe." 

Well, I'm not exactly lying, it is a fact that Acacius's busy and I'm bored. Honestly, I'm just curious how he's doing because it's been a while since I've seen him. I think it's been two weeks?

"So you're worried about me. You're so cute, you didn't ask me to let go but instead-"

"If you're going to keep on spouting nonsense, I'm leaving," I said pushing him away.

"I'm sorry so can you not leave?" He asked with puppy eyes. So blinding.

"Y-you...fine." I sighed.

"Let's go inside." He led me into a room.

This couch is comfy. I was enjoying the softness of the couch until Xander interrupted me.

"Your hand... did you get a tattoo? No, this is a bond stigma." 

"You can see this?" I asked with widened eyes.

Even brother didn't notice this...

"So you have a guardian too. So whose your guardian?" He supported his cheeks with his hands.

Now that I realize it, he has a stigma on his hand too. I wasn't able to see it last time. A black sun? Does this mean those who have a guardian can see the marks of others?

"Arian stated that he's the dragon of the moon. But since he's hurt, he's a snake. It's only been a few days so I'm not familiar with this and he hasn't woken up yet."

I'm quite worried but he did tell me that it might take up to a week. Until then, he would be sleeping. I'm just scared he might die during the process...although he probably won't.

"Hmm~ I see. I guess he's connecting with your mind now. But to think you got a dragon as a guardian. It's very impressive." Xander praised with a smile.

"Who's your guardian?" I asked curiously. It was never mentioned in the novel.

"The one and only, Cerberus. But I guess his name is Berus." He hummed.

"Isn't that almost the same as his original name?" I furrowed my brows.

"He looked like a normal puppy when he wanted to bond with me. I didn't believe he was Cerberus and I thought he just aspired to be him...so I thought I'll name him with something similar. I never knew he was the real deal." He shrugged.

I saw his eyes widen when he glanced at me. What's wrong?

"Why are you crying?" He blinked at me in a stunned manner.

"I'm crying?" I questioned with doubt.

I touched my cheeks, it felt wet...he's right.

"I wonder why-argh. Unnie? Why am recalling...I can't stop the tears. S-sorry, I thought I've recovered-"

"It's fine. This was the trigger your guardian warned you about." Xander said as he hugged me, rubbing my back in a circular motion to calm me down.

"T-thank you."

Damn it, why is he always beside me when I cry? How embarrassing. If I had known this is what Arian meant by the trigger, I wouldn't have visited Xander.

"Your welcome, my princess." He grinned.

Back with Arian~(trigger warning)

"Eun-Byeol, let's go home."

It's the daughter of her father's mistress, what does she want?

"Go away."

"Eun-Byeol, I like to see your smiling face more so don't cry." Master's head perked up after she heard this.

[ Unnie said that to me before, maybe she can...]

She accepted the hand on the mistress's child. She clearly has ulterior motives so why? The time skipped!

Master's grown up beautifully, and she's in a teaching facility? She's hiding behind the door? There was a group of girls in that room.

"Ugh, all the boys are fawning over her just because she's a beauty. She seduced my boyfriend!"

[He was the one who came to me, I don't even know him. But I guess this situation should be expected.]

"How could she? Just because she's an actress, she acts all high and mighty!" Another girl scoffed.

"But we're only her 'friends' because of that. I mean why else right?" They all laughed.

How is master reacting to this? She looks blank? I was worried that she might be on the verge of crying...she walked away.

"Unnie..."

"Eun-Byeol? Come here, let unnie get a better look at you." That bitch held out her arms as master accepted the embrace. Why?

[Ah, this isn't good. She doesn't resemble unnie(Eun-seol) anymore...]

Why is master's life so miserable? Another change in time and place? She's alone with that asshole of a father. This isn't going to end up well.

"How's Eun-Na? She felt guilty after your engagement with Min-Suk was annulled. Such a kind child." Her father sighed.

Min-Suk? It's that guy who flirted with master. He dared to flirt with her and says he loves another woman. They were even engaged.

"She's doing great, father. Min-Suk's comforting her."

"Make sure you pay me back the expenses up until now. I've been lenient enough to prolong it until you became an adult."

"I've already transferred it into your account, there wasn't much left anyway. I've been paying for myself for quite a long time."

"Good, make sure you help Eun-Na in the future. After all, we're still family related by blood."

"Family? I don't want to hear it from you. I'm starting to understand why unnie ended her own life. Did you know? Even breathing became hard, the pressure is overbearing. I always feel so alone. Is it so hard to be proud of me?

I changed myself for you. I became a perfect doll. I perfected every skill you wanted me to within the shortest time, there were times that I didn't sleep a wink for days. But no matter what I did, it meant nothing to you!

I became empty...no matter how much I smiled, I felt nothing. Nothing but frustration, regret, sadness, and the emptiness of my heart. I didn't tell you until now because I didn't want you to worry but I realized, you wouldn't even give a damn even if you knew what I'm feeling.

I want to be myself again, but who was I in the beginning? I've been hiding behind this mask for so long that I've forgotten who I was and who I am. I realized I've wasted all these years...wasting my life being someone I'm not, but it's too late for me to turn back. Don't you know how hopeless I feel? Because...."

[Even if I reach out for help, no one can save me.]