64 : Little Bastard

The audience of this book is split into three:

1) Rational, civil people

2) Funny fangirls

3) Deranged, psychotic, I-will-kill-your-children-if-you-touch-Orion fangirls (of Orion)

****

"What is she talking about?"

"Don't stand there with your jaw hanging. Tell him, you swine."

"Who's Ross? Why does he - oh... You're despicable, man," Ajax shook his head in disbelief. "Have you really turned her friend into a sucker?"

"I'm creating the perfect suckers," Orion grounded out in anger. "You weren't supposed to see him. I told you, didn't I, not to go down there! If you've done anything to him, I swear I will- " He twisted around, like an angry bull, pushing open the door and descending down the stairs.

Ajax looked at me. "This isn't helping you. This bastard can be so dumb sometimes."

"Help me get free, Ajax."

"So you can attempt to kill us? No chance. I don't really care about him. But it's 4 AM and I'm too tired to deal with this. Who's Darius and why does he keep calling you?"

"Give me back my phone." Trying to concentrate on the conversation was like trying to breathe underwater. I felt detached, dirty, useless. I was incompetent, unable to hold onto the blade. I gnashed my teeth together, furious at myself for letting the thief steal my beloved from me. "You little bastard, I'm going to wring your neck, little bastard, little slimy bastard."

"I don't have parents, that insult just bounces off of me," Ajax remarked, unimpressed as Orion walked back through the cellar door, locking it shut.

"I must've forgot to lock the door," Orion murmured and walked across the kitchen floor, twisting open the taps on the sink and washing his hands. "But that doesn't give you a right to go snooping."

I felt my eye twitch in hatred. If I hadn't been tied down I would've charged across the room and smashed his head against the window and his blood would trickle down into the sink in the most fascinating of ways. "No apology?"

"What do I need to apologise for? He was just a body. I've resurrected him. He's mine. And he's a beautiful creation, I've tested on him many times and he's proved to be the best test subject. After so long I can find ways to bring back some part of his personal identity. He can talk, he has memories and the best part? He's loyal without a fault," Orion's face was encased in ice, his dark eyes stormy. "My suckers were clumsy, unintelligent but with Test 1 he'll lead a whole army of suckers - suckers that won't be easily defeated."

"What are you planning, Orion?"

"Does it concern you, Ajax? No. You left a long time ago. Whatever happens now has nothing to do with you."

Ajax scoffed incredulously. "Oh, I get it. You're planning on using those against Maximal. He'll tear them apart, you must know that."

Loneliness was painful, it tormented you, filled your ears with hallow echoes and cocooned you in a plastic wrap that allowed you to see the companions of everyone else - while you remained by yourself. Humans need the touch, the taste, the love of another, their entire existence depended on each other and no matter how much they loathed a person, living alone would surely, and slowly, break them in a way nothing else could. It emptied your chest, and sickness would bubble at the bottom and the fumes from the sickness would travel up and rot your brain.