🎳 Chapter 8 : Bowling Night Surprise

Cyrus read the sign on the outside of the building “The Sugar Heights All Stars Bowling Alley.” Marina loved to bowl so most likely she frequented the joint. It had been months since he first came to Sugar Heights to start his life over in a legitimate profession. By now Marina had to have been aware of his existence yet she hadn’t contacted him.So he figured he’d contact her, but in a neutral public place. Like this. The local bowling alley.

Bowling. He hated bowling. Marina had once asked him “Don’t they have bowling in Australia?”

Just because they had it, didn’t mean he’d necessarily like it. Nobody wore nice jewels to a bowling alley.

His mind drifted back years ago to when Marina had been assigned to keep an eye on him while he was under suspicion for a string of burglaries in Springfield.

“This is why you definitely should take up this very fun sport,” Marina said then took her turn while he drank a beer. “There are no flashy jewels to tempt you.” She made sure to wiggle her cute behind at him before she took the required steps down the lane before releasing the ball. 

He paid for an extra game for a family in the lane next to theirs, if their kid--who was about seven or eight years old--would take his turns. The kid was happy to get extra turns. Cyrus also bought them pizza. The family loved him as he cracked jokes about the non-sport of bowling. 

“You should take your own turns Cyrus,” Marina protested even as she helped the kid roll the ball down the lane. She was a natural with kids and would make a great mother. He chastised himself for having any domestic thoughts whatsoever. He was essentially Marina’s prisoner and a woman like her, an ambitious upstanding detective with a chief of police father would never go for a bloke like him. 

He had to admit, bowling with Marina wasn’t half bad. She would get so excited when she did well and jump up and down, unaware of what her perky breasts were doing to him as she bounced around. Her top came up a bit exposing smooth soft tanned skin. He’d take another sip of beer and watch her.

Finally, right before the family went home, they insisted that Cyrus take one turn. Gamely he asked Marina to hold his beer, grabbed a bowling ball and tossed it down the lane. He turned and walked away before he even heard the crash of all ten pins hitting the wooden floor.

The family laughed and cheered with the kid calling out “Cool!” before giving Cyrus a high five. Marina was pissed “Can you be honest about anything?” She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

“I was honest. I hate bowling” Cyrus said, draining the last of his beer. “I never said I wasn’t good at it.” He winked at her and Marina fumed. 

Returning to the present moment outside of the Sugar Heights bowling alley, Cyrus lifted his hand to open the door. He didn’t expect Marina to be there tonight, but he figured he’d charm someone into telling him when a certain beautiful dark haired cop came into the joint. Then he’d coincidentally bump into her at a later date. Or he could just break into her apartment, like the good old days He smirked at the memory when he heard someone call his name.

“Cyrus Foley…”

He turned to find two men with weapons trained on him. One flashed a badge. They were cops. He'd be seeing Marina sooner than expected after all.

Cast:

Cyrus Foley played by Murray Bartlet

Written by 🌸 Blossom