Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

His hands felt hot and like they were searing through my boxers. I swallowed, trying to speak around my racing heartbeat. "What kinds of stuff?"

Trace scooted over on the bed and pulled himself into my lap, folding his arms over my shoulders and putting his lips against my ear. He kissed the shell of my ear, before brushing his lips down my throat. "We could kiss. I know a lot of places that deserve attention." I'd never heard Trace's voice like this before; a slow, seductive, whispery caress trailing across my skin and seeping into my bones.

I let out a breath and somewhere along the way it turned into a moan when Trace squeezed his thighs around my waist, pressing us even closer together. Trace had powerful, muscular thighs and it was amazing to be squeezed by them. "Ahh," I said incoherently, unable to think when he was so close to me and when I wanted him to be so much closer. "Can you— Trace, please, can you kiss me?"

Trace sitting in my lap made us nearly the same height so it was easy for our mouths to meet as he kissed me. A slow, sweet, luxurious kiss that lasted and lasted and lasted. "You're so sweet, Darius...You don't understand how you look right now." Trace rubbed his thumb over my lower lip. "Your lips are so soft and plump and kissable. And you look like you'd want me to ruin you."

Well, fuck, it would be an honour to be ruined by Trace.

Trace knew better than to touch my hair but he had one hand at the back of my neck and the other— I made a surprised noise. The other was between the both of us, where our hips joined.

And so the kiss went up another degree and I felt like I was melting. The heat started at my mouth where Trace kissed me and at every point where he was touching me. It was too much and not enough. The harshness of his touches and the sweetness of the kisses was dizzying. I couldn't think and soon enough my mind went empty.

"Is it good?" Trace asked softly.

"Hmm?" I murmured, opening my eyes lazily.

He laughed. "Okay, I'll take that," he said as he started to explore my body with his warm hands.

"You have these perfect lips," he said against my mouth. "These wonderful, sensitive eyes, these high cheekbones, your cute nose..." he would kiss every feature he mentioned before continuing in a low, yet soft voice, "Such nice skin: Dark and brown and beautiful." He trailed his lips down my throat, then sucked against my collarbone before nipping at my pecs. "Your chest..." he promptly sucked against the meat of my pecs, doing his best to give me a lovely bruise.

He slapped and gripped my thighs, completely skipping over the one place I wanted him to pay attention to.  "And these thighs!" He rubbed up and down my thighs appreciatively. "Thick, and meaty. Strong."

"You're strong, too," I said thickly, feeling stupid and dazed because I couldn't think of anything else.

Trace laughed. "Just let me compliment you, Darius."

I huffed. "Okay."

"Just touching and kissing, okay? I won't do anything more."

I nodded wordlessly as Trace started to shimmy off the sweat pants he was wearing. He was wearing grey briefs underneath that didn't leave anything to the imagination.

He scratched absently at his left knee and I looked more closely at it. There was a scar at the tip of what would be some of his shin where I assumed the surgeons had sewn the skin back together after amputating.

"Ugly, right?" Trace teased, but I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I put my hand over his left thigh and stroked down reverentially until I was at the end of his limb. My voice was fierce, "there's no part of you that could ever be ugly."