50. 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣

"I say beach trip on the fourth." Reggie said to his parents. "Think about it... beach plus fireworks, that's gas."

"Gas?"

"He means really freaking cool." I clarified to their dad.

Fourth of July wasn't for another three weeks. I realized that they liked to plan way ahead before finalizing a trip. They want everything to be prepared for the upcoming holiday.

I didn't put in any suggestions, since this isn't my family and this is a family matter. I was still obligated to sit in the living room and I said something here and there. I just feel like it's not my place to discuss our whereabouts of the day.

A beach trip does sound nice.

"I agree with Reggie, it sounds like fun." Vinnie agreed, speaking his thoughts on the idea.

"We'll think about that one." Their dad said.

I hardly ever saw their dad. He worked a lot, but when he was here he was really cool and funny. ten out of ten recommend hanging out with him.

He definitely acted like a dad with his jokes every now and then, but he was really relaxed and laid back. Something I think we can all agree suits well on a dad.

Their family meeting discussion lasted for another ten minutes before we all just got comfortable while Maria started making dinner. A movie was put on the TV for the moment while we waited.

I got eventually, feeling kind of bad for just sitting there and before I could walk away Vinnie grabbed onto my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a whisper.

"See if your mom needs help." He let go of my arm, letting me walk off to the kitchen.

I walk over the the island and lean over the counter. My elbows rested on the counter as my head laid in my hands.

"Can I help?" I asked Maria who was by the sink washing something off.

It was silent for a moment before she said anything. "Since you asked, can you get the bell peppers out the fridge?"

I nodded my head and let out a hum before getting up out of my spot and walking over to the fridge. It takes me a moment to locate the bell peppers before I walked over to Maria, lying the peppers on the counter.

The whole time while I 'semi-helped' Maria we talked and fooled around. We definitely got along really well. She's an easy person to talk to. She's caring and very sweet. Before I even met her I knew I would like her. Now that it's happened, I'm glad and I'm appreciative to be able to meet one of the best people ever.

Cooking dinner went a lot faster than I assumed it to be. We were all sat around eating by the time it was done. During dinner we all talked, like we normally did. It wasn't awkward or just friendly chat. It was normal conversation you would normally have at dinner, along with jokes.

You know, the usual.

It was around ten when Vinnie and I went to his room. I jump onto his bed and lay down face into the bed before turning around.

"I'm getting on the game if that's fine." He sat down in his chair and I shrugged my shoulders before picking up my phone.

"I don't know why you always look for permission. You can do whatever you want." I opened up snapchat and started replying to friends.

"I know, I know. I just like to make sure." He turned around, his back facing me.

It was quiet for a moment before he let out a sigh. I looked up from my phone to see him facing me. His chin was on the backside of his chair. Instead of either of us saying anything he just sighed again.

I slowly look back at my phone after a few moments of him just staring at me. It wasn't long before I felt the bed dip next to me.

I felt Vinnie's arms snake around my waist and his head lay on my stomach. He was now positioned, laying on me.

"I changed my mind, I just wanna cuddle." He mumbled. I shook my head as I chuckled.

One of my hands reached to his hair and i started running my hand through it and scratching his head softly.

"I have a question." He asked me quietly as he looked up at me. I hummed in response. "Could you scratch my back."

"Sure, you dork." I laughed lightly before moving my hand that was scratching his head to his back. His muscles tensed up from the contact before relaxing as I ran my fingers gently up and down.

It went on like this for a few minutes and I kept going hoping that eventually he was sleeping. My hand got tired real quick and when I was sure he was sleeping, I stopped.

I paid attention to him for a few moments waiting for him to say anything and when he didn't I attempted to get comfortable like a dumbass to sleep myself. This movement only cause Vinnie to stir in his sleep. I stop moving in my spot and stare at him.

He begins mumbling before pushing himself closer to me (as if he wasn't close enough) before going silent again.

I didn't have troubles the second time getting comfortable and it wasn't long before I fell asleep after.

I woke up jumping in my sleep to a loud noise.

"Oh shit." I heard a loud whisper. I finally opened my eyes, my vision blurry for a few moments before focusing.

My eyes land on Vinnie who was bent down picking something up. He glances at me before setting whatever it was on his desk.

I close my eyes, choosing to try and fall back asleep instead of paying attention to what was going on. I was having a pretty good dream.

I felt the bed dip beside me and his arm wrap around me before pulling me in closer. Again, I fell asleep.

so this is short and shitty, per usual. anyways, i hate guys lol.