Chapter 23

"Lauren..." I said while looking at my girlfriend lunged over the toilet. I don't know what happened but I was genuinely concerned. Lauren looked up to me and I saw her swollen eyes. We stared at each other for a few seconds and I finally spoke up. "You've.. you've been crying.." Moved away from the toilet now.

"So have you.." She said and I nodded and walked towards her.

"What happened, Lauren?" I kneeled down and sat right next to her.

"I was just laying in my room and I felt this twisting in my stomach." My eyes shot open. "No not like that, babe. It was more like a stomach dropping type of feeling. I thought I was going to lose you and I couldn't bare the pain. I don't know what happened but then I ended up here." She made a hand gesture going around the room.

"I shouldn't have left." I admitted. "We should be spending the rest of our time together while you're here. I was being selfish and I just want to be with you." I put my hand on her cheek and gently caressed her face.

"I should've told you. Out of all these things that I've done that was the worst possible thing. I'm just not ready to let you go, Camila." She was on the verge of tears and it made my heart sink.

"Then don't let me go. I'll wait for you. I always will. I want to be with you forever. An eternity remember? I.. I want to marry you. I want to raise kids with you and fight over who makes breakfast in the morning." Lauren laughed which made me laugh too.

"You would make the food." Lauren said and smirked at me.

"And why is that?" I played along.

"Because.. you actually know how to cook. Well, I can cook. But I just wouldn't be in the mood to cook in the morning and you're the nice one out of the two of us." She had a huge smile on her face.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "Come on let's clean you up." We got up and Lauren washed her face. I got her a glass of water so that she can rinse out her mouth. Once she was done I kissed her.

Our kiss turned really heated. Lauren moved her lips to my neck but I pushed her back a little bit.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Let's not do this right now. Get a jacket on and meet me in the car." I winked at her and she smiled.

"It's almost 4 in the morning, Camila." Lauren giggled.

"Then that means no one will be out." I turned around and walked outside. I got into my car and waited for Lauren to come back out.

About 10 minutes later Lauren came out. She stumbled across the steps and tripped trying walk to my car. She almost fell and I burst out laughing. Finally, she made it to the car and she got it.

"Why the hell did it take you so long?" I couldn't stop laughing.

"I couldn't find the jacket that matched my outfit." I looked at her weird.

"Lauren your jacket doesn't need to match your outfit. It's just me."

"I know. That's why I wanted to look good. For you."

"God you're so cute sometimes." I said and grabbed her hand and held it.

The drive was about a 20 minute drive. So it wasn't too far. We finally got closer and Lauren instantly saw where we were going.

"Oh my god. Are you bringing me here?!" She asked looking at the mountain I was driving up.

"Yeah. Is that okay?" I asked.

"I haven't been here since I was little and this place is absolutely beautiful at night. At least that's how I remember it. We used to come down here for family trips until.. until there wasn't anymore family to bring.." She looked down. I didn't want her to be sad anymore. This isn't how this was going to turn out.

"Lauren I'm so sorry." I said softly squeezing her hand assuring her that I was here for her.

"It's fine. Let's just forget about it and have a good time tonight." She smiled at me and her smile was contagious.

I kept driving and we finally made it to the top. I parked the car and we got out. I went to my trunk and pulled out the blanket that I had planned for us to sit on. I grabbed it and I walked towards Lauren while she was admiring the view. She noticed me and helped me put the blanket down evenly. I took a seat and Lauren laid down in my lap.

"Camila it's beautiful." She said waving at the sky.

"A beautiful place deserves a beautiful person." I said without hesitating. Maybe I was turning into a romantic but I honestly didn't mind at all. Lauren deserves it.

"You're cute, babe. You really are." Lauren said and pushed me so that I was laying down. She cuddled into my side and I wanted to stay like this for hours. It felt right having her in my arms. This all felt so surreal and I never wanted it to end. Even though Lauren's going to be gone, I know that it won't change our relationship too much. I know we will end up together in the end. I'm in love with Lauren and I would never give her up.

Time passed and it seemed like hours. Turns out it was only one. Lauren has been asleep for awhile now and I can't stop staring at her beautiful features. I'm going to miss this so much. But it'll be worth it in the end when Lauren is herself again and I couldn't wait for that again.