Chapter 1

I got out of the taxi that finally pulled up to the front of the school. Here it is. God I was so nervous. To think a couple of months ago I was just living life like a normal teenager without a care in the world. But Change is crazy like that. And it always happens so fast. Hopefully I'd survive one week by myself til Marla came. With bags in my hands and earbuds in my ears I decided to start to walk towards my new life. The College life.

As I walked through the gates and looked around, my heart started racing. The school was huge. I didn't think it would ever be this big. My anxiety level was slowly getting higher. This isn't like home at all.

The entire place was littered with people. Some students getting settled in like myself, some with crying parents saying their goodbyes, Others that were upperclassmen were hanging around in their little clicks of friends. On the grass area there were little booths and stands with diffrent names that i assumed were for clubs, groups, and some fraternities and sororities trying to get you to sign up.

I figured I should probably get settled in before I engage in any conversation with anyone or anything.

The school a few weeks after I got accepted sent a letter with my room number, keys, and schedule. I took it out of one of my bags and looked over it to figure out where I needed to go.

'Let's see Dormitory Section S Floor 4 room 102 ' I read to myself. God this was so confusing. I looked around trying to figure out where I should go but the signs that were supposed to direct students might as well have looked like alphabet soup in my eyes.

"Well Shit." I said. I didn't really want to ask around cause that'd be pretty awkward, and there was no way in hell I was gonna wait in that long line at administration. I decided i should probably sit somewhere because it was getting really hot and these bags were heavy. I found an empty bench a little ways away from the chaos at the quad. Ugh I'll probably look like a loser sitting here all alone but that's not important right now.

Jesus Christ when they talk about California Sun they aren't kidding. I wasn't gonna move all of my shit just for shade though. I needed to figure this out. As I was sitting looking at my papers, I started to notice the familiar smell of a cigarette in the air. Then a shadow appeared right in front of me out of no where. I looked up from the papers and saw black skinny jeans and vans. I looked higher and noticed a guy in front of me. He was moving his lips but I couldn't hear a word he was saying. Oh right ear buds. I took one of them out.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked him. I quickly scanned his apperance. He was the definition of one of those stereotypical skater guys you would see on the cover of a Tilly's magazine. Except he was covered in tattoos. The cigarette currently in his hand gave him a sort of badass look about him. He wasn't particularly "My type" persay but he was still very attractive.

"I said are you lost?" He asked with a smile.

"Fuck, is it that obvious?" I said in complete embarrassment. Why do I have to be such a loser? He smiled
as he put out his cigarette.

"Well I could help you if you want."

"Really? That'd be great."

"Yeah, just let me see your papers."

I gave them to him and he looked over them.

"Kellin Quinn ... Orlando, Florida.
Damn you really aren't from around here then, huh?" He said as he was reading the few papers that had quite a lot of information on me for my liking, considering I barely just met him. I sat there looking at him kind of uncomfortably.

Suddenly his face turned from a smiling one to one that showed a hint of confusion. He looked at me, then the paper, then back to me.

"You're Married?" He asked. Whoa wait what.