Part 23 MERMAID

This chapter is dedicated to Mimi! I appreciate all your genuine help and support on my first awkward lesbian novels. Thank you for having been my amazing proofreader

Part 1

Nota bene: the chapter includes strong words!

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" her friend is snapping at me, still rubbing his hand.

What a pussy! The torrent was not even the hardest one... I have no idea why I did it. I was so angry, and I'm unbelievably angry now. Juni and Sylvester are looking at me as if I'm crazy. I AM more likely crazy. But I don't look at him. Actually, I don't give a fuck about this human man, for the focus of my attention is Marina; she seems terribly tired; her slim body is almost transparent against the misty air and deceasing raindrops. How did I fail to notice it? My starving for her body was more than my sanity. She is looking at me like a scared pelagic fairy, but I witness something new in her eyes I have never paid attention to before...

"Can I have a word, Doris?" Juni's expression is like the calm before the storm. She takes my wrist as if delicately and friendly, but in reality, the grip is exceptionally tight. If it were Marina's or Syl's hand, the dryad would certainly break it. "Go back to the lighthouse," looking at confused humans, Juni continues in a staccato, harsh tone she has never used before.

Marina makes an attempt to step forward, and my whole body, my all entity is sweetly reacting, ready to come up beside her. I would be next to the girl, saving the fact that Juni is strengthening the grip. This time the pain is strong, and I almost cry out, but hold myself together, gritting the teeth, pushing a smile that resembles a shark's grin.

"Eat something. You, humans, need meals more often than creatures. Doris and I want to chat a little bit. Right?"

"Uhummm," I mumble, nodding. Stupid forest bitch doesn't let my wrist go. I keep on looking at Marina, trying to find THAT something in her eyes again, but it has fainted, vanished.

My breathing is sharp and uncommon. My mind is flashing as if full of fireworks' explosions: I want to return everything back, to start all over again from the moment she kissed me on the beach. Hahaha... I am the most stupid undead in the world: it was the only real kiss in my useless, idle life, but I took it for a fake. I was afraid to kiss her lips again thinking I'm not worthy to receive this pleasure.

It feels I stare at the girl for centuries, time stops, but it was just the blink of an eye.

"Come on, you do really need to eat something," his words are like a secateurs that cuts our connection. I hate him so much!

Marina slowly turns from me, trying to preserve our eye contact as long as possible (or maybe it's just me and my silly imagination).

I'm broken for no reason.

She's ascending, following the ginger. Her ephemeral body has just disappeared in between the rocks like a ghost dissolving into the mist.

"Ouch! Juni! It hurts!" Her hand is an inquisitorial apparatus of torture.

We are behind the rock. Hidden.

"Can you relax your grip a bit?" Unwillingly, she does it, killing me with her angry expression. "What are you waiting for?" I ask, rubbing my wrist just like Sylvester. "You wanted to get rid of him, didn't you? Maybe it was another dryad. I'm not sure now. The woman I see is not my determined friend..." I want to hurt her with my words.

Juni is grabbing me by the collar of my blouse and pulls me closer to her face:

"What. Are. You. Doing, stupid mermaid?"