Chapter 38

"Mum!" I exclaimed, kissing her cheek.

"Dan!" My mum mimicked.

"Meany," I mumbled, sticking my tongue out at her.

"Oh don't be that way," she laughed, "now, what's this I hear about an operation? Phil told me they found something strange in your ultrasound?"

"Yeah," I sighed, "it's really, really, strange."

"Well, I have time," she laughed, "so, go on and tell me."

"Okay," I said, nervously, "well I was having strange symptoms; fatigue, cramping in my lower abdomen, increased hunger or food cravings, and migraines, but only during about a week and a half out of every month. Dr. Johanssen told me she wanted to check something so she did an ultrasound and she discovered...afullyfuctioningfemalereproductivesys tem."

"Pardon?" She asked.

"Phil you tell her," I mumbled, "I can't say it again."

"Well, Jay, what she found is a fully functioning female reproductive system," he said.

"Really?" She asked, not looking at all surprised.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered.

"Jay," Phil smiled, "you already knew that didn't you?"

"Yes I did," she sighed, "when Dan was 12 he started having pain like that so his doctor at the time did an ultrasound. She found the same thing, but told me and not Dan. I kept trying to find the right time to tell him, but it just never came. She also explained the operation, but she told me she didn't think you would be ready to start your period anytime soon."

"Why did it take me 10 years to start?" I asked, not really bothered that my mum didn't tell me about it.

"The doctor said that it could take awhile because, although you have female hormones, you have male ones too. Therefore it could take a little longer for the female ones to kick in and start your period," she explained.

"Oh," I said.

"You don't seem that upset that I didn't tell you," she smiled.

"Would you like me to be?" I smirked.

"No, I'm just surprised," she said.

"I'm just trying to stay positive," I said, "I already had a five hour meltdown at the hospital. I don't really want to have another one."

She smiled and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you," she beamed, "you're taking this so well."

"He really is Jay," Phil said, "other than that one meltdown he's been such a trooper."

"What about you Phil," Jay said, "how do you feel about the discovery?"

"I feel amazing. It's just incredible that he has the opportunity to have children. I'm just so happy that we have the chance to have a family together," Phil smiled.

"You really feel that way?" I asked, tears in my eyes.

"Absolutely," Phil said, pulling me in for a sweet kiss.

We pulled away and I saw tears in my mum's eyes. I kissed her cheek and gave her a long hug. When I looked at her, though, her face suddenly changed. She looked a little torn, almost conflicted. I frowned. I didn't want her to be upset.

"Mum," I asked, "what's wrong?"

She sighed and said,

"What do you plan on telling people?"

A/N
DUN DUN DUN! Sorry cliffhanger :D and almost 3k readers seriously what the actual fuck... WAT?! Anyway I love you guys so much!! Love you my little snowflakes xxx also idk why I call you snowflakes :D I just do :D xoxoxoxo