Lean on me~73

-
But when I saw you I felt something I never felt
-

A man with greying, outgrown hair stood in the doorway, and Rin's smile grew as she saw him, eyes twinkling with joy

The male wore a blue robe that loosely clung to his body over a pair of long pajamas, causing him to appear as if he had just rolled out of bed. Below his eyes hung large, dark bags that signified his many nights without sleep, and he looked as though he hadn't exited the house in years, seeming to be as pale as a ghost, which was slightly worrying.

His sluggish gaze slowly trailed up Rin's body, eyebrows furrowing, until his eyes landed upon her face, and he breathily laughed in disbelief- unsure if he was to trust his eyes.

"R-Rin?" He muttered, hands shaking due to high caffeine levels.

"Hi, Dad," She responded, beaming up at the man.

The man sucked in an audible, shaky breath, wistfully examining Rin's face as a soft breeze pushed his messy hair out of his eyes- the same chocolatey eyes that Rin had inherited.

Without a moments hesitation, Chinmae, her father, flung his arms around the girl, taking her off guard.

A wave of bliss, worry, relief, and sadness overwhelmed him, and his heart lurched painfully in his chest as he brought the girl closer to him, feeling his eyes begin to well with tears.

She laughed quietly into the man's chest, feeling elation swirl through her chest, and let him bury his face into her shoulder, overridden by a flurry of emotions.

Hurriedly, Rin wrapped her arm around the man's torso as he pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, never wanting to let go, and Rin began to feel a subtle wetness seep through her shirt where Chinmae's head rested, causing the girl to hug him tighter.

Standing behind the two, Chenle's eyes wandered towards Rin, and quickly noticed that she hadn't released his hand, keeping their fingers interlocked, leaving the boy slightly surprised. However, he said nothing about it, nor did he let go, and merely let the two have their moment.

"I was so worried!" Chinmae mumbled into Rin's shirt, emotion cracking his voice. "Don't ever do that again."

Eyes beginning to grow lachrymose, Rin nodded into his chest, smiling softly.

"I won't," She whispered, barely trusting her voice.

Blinking away the tears that had formulated in his eyes, Chinmae suddenly froze when he saw Chenle, and worry began to creep into his stomach, sending tremors along his nerves as he visibly tensed.

He swallowed dryly as a mix of worry and distrust began to crawl up his spine, but he didn't want to jump to any rash conclusions, leading him to watch him awkwardly.

"Who are you?" He asked quietly, voice quivering slightly.

Realizing Chinmae was speaking to him, Chenle politely met his gaze, straightening himself subtly.