❥៚ S I X T E E N

silence.

beomgyu almost gasped loudly, but used his hand to cover his mouth in shock of what he had just uttered out loud. he definitely didn't mean to say it out loud. it wasn't supposed to slip, but somehow it did.

the biggest question and problem here was that, did taehyun hear what he had just said?

taehyun was super quiet which made him anxiously wonder if the boy didn't hear or rather, if the boy had heard it, but was in a state of shock and confusion. either way, beomgyu's heart was racing inside of his chest and his palms were sweaty due to the nervousness eating away at his thoughts. he wasn't quite sure whether or not he should confirm if taehyun heard it or not.

"t-taehyun...?" he softly called out, almost coming off as a whisper.

taehyun didn't respond.

the ravenette slowly leaned down to face the younger boy and sure enough, the boy had his eyes shut, which meant he was fast asleep. it was dark, but the lightning outside dimly lit the room, so he could kind of make out the others features.

beomgyu sighed and sat back up properly, feeling his heartbeat slow down. he didn't know whether or not he should be greatful with the fact that taehyun was asleep and didn't hear him or to be disappointed because taehyun didn't actually hear him confess.

it might've been a little bit of both.

but, would he ever get the chance to confess to taehyun? this night was the only time they'll ever meet again. of course, he still wanted to see taehyun again after this, but he didn't know if it would be the same for taehyun.

would taehyun ever want to see him again after this?

beomgyu was anxious already just thinking about it.

needless to say, he hardly got any sleep that night.

+ × +

at last, the day that they were both (kind of) waiting for.

the day that they would finally leave this horrid place.

"ugh, i feel so gross. the first thing i'm going to do is take a warm bath when i get home!" taehyun said, stretching himself whilst beomgyu just nodded and yawned in response.

"did you get any sleep, gyu?" taehyun asked, almost making the tired boy jump because of the nickname that he hadn't gotten used to yet.

"no..."

"ah... well, make sure you sleep well when you get home, okay?"

beomgyu nods, feeling his heart skip a beat. taehyun's voice was soft and he could tell that the younger boy was truly worried for him which makes the butterflies inside of his stomach go crazy.

"come on. i think soobin hyung will be here to pick us up soon." taehyun said with his arm stretched out for the older to hold onto. beomgyu held the younger's hand and stood up with the help of taehyun.

they both made their way downstairs with their hands tightly clasped together. beomgyu doesn't want to let go. not now. not ever. never.

he doesn't want this to end.

he wanted to still stay with taehyun.

his heart was screaming for him to say what he felt to the younger boy. this was the only chance he'll get. who knows if he'll ever see taehyun again.

beomgyu wanted to say what he felt, but he couldn't do it.

he felt like such a coward, but he just couldn't.

the ravenette was so lost in thought that he didn't even realize that they both were now about to be outside. taehyun pushed the double doors open and stepped outside with beomgyu behind him. "finally!" taehyun sighed.

beomgyu finally snaps out of his thoughts and squinted as eyes as he felt the sunlight blinding his eyes and the warm wind brushing against his skin.

"taehyun! beomgyu!" a familiar voice called out and sounds of honks from a car followed after. "soobin hyung!" taehyun shouted, excitedly and ran towards the car, letting go of beomgyu's hand in the process.

the ravenette watched taehyun running towards the car and happily interacting with soobin with a frown. he already misses the younger's soft hand on his own and he has started to feel upset, seeing taehyun being all bubbly with soobin.

unknowingly, beomgyu glared at soobin and taehyun, feeling pissed off. beomgyu wanted to be the only person that taehyun smiles at. he wanted to be the one who makes taehyun happy. he just wanted taehyun to be his.

but, all of his opportunities are lost now as they both weren't going to be seeing each other anymore. well, at least, that's what it seems like to him. taehyun, to him, will probably just forget about him after they part ways.

after all, who was he to taehyun anyways? they only met for a short while, yet that 'short while' made him grow attached to younger and now he can't even bear leaving the boy. his heart ached, just thinking about not seeing taehyun again.

"hey, dumbass! are you or are you not getting in the car?!" yeonjun yelled, honking the car in an attempt of trying to get his younger brother's attention.

"yeah, yeah! i'm coming!" beomgyu yelled back and proceeded to walk towards the car.

"good! i was about to leave your dumbass there if you didn't start walking!"

beomgyu grunted and rolled his eyes in response before getting inside of the car where he sat next to taehyun but with a huge space between them.

as the car started moving, the ravenette couldn't help but glance over at taehyun who was staring out of the window as if he didn't want to stare back at him which made beomgyu think,

will this be the last time that they see each other?

° ┄┄────┄
⁝ ⊹ ⁝
✧ ⋆ . ˚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀( 🍃 )
˚✦
( 🌿 )

└> @scftjunnie is typing... ❜
.  .  .  💌 : this book is ending soon <\3

。゚・ 𖥸──-ˋˏ 04|08|20 ˎˊ-──𖥸 。゚・