MUSIC IS HERE TO STAY

Music is here to stay and I emphasize that with greater urgency even though these times we live in call for a grave resolution. We can flatten the curve with patience, care brought on by social distancing and caution but most of all a regard for each individual life.

Life has resumed with intermittent flashes and it is okay to leave the doom and gloom behind while maintaining decorum. Remember the virology of fear just cannot rule us as this idea of changed circumstances is here to stay beyond this year.

A distant communal power of positive energy has to be spread that becomes a connective tissue and it is exactly what music always does. Musical exemplars come to our rescue again, giving us reasons to reflect, shed light on our better aspects and celebrate our collective support systems. 

So here they are, the songs, artists and discographies that made an impact in the recent quarter of 2020 till August.

***

True legends always find a way to converge within a compact platform. A vintage cowboy lassoes a simple melody around his lifelong muse, a soul sister for all ages continues to keep her faith beyond the grave while an iconic Canadian Rock Hall of Famer unit releases a reissue of its glorious hit from years past, telling us that we've got the spirits rolling for us all.

WE ARE THE COWBOYS - WILLIE NELSON.

NEVER GONNA BREAK MY FAITH- ARETHA FRANKLIN.

THE SPIRIT OF RADIO- RUSH.

CRUEL SUMMER ( COVER) - EVANESCENCE.

With a cover of Bananarama's CRUEL SUMMER, done in her characteristic graceful voice and orchestral glide, Amy Lee fronted staple EVANESCENCE brings an urgent pulse to the proceedings here but the classic sound of the ever-evolving band is resonant as before on the fan- made cut of WASTED ON YOU's visuals and on THE GAME IS OVER. Ms. Amy's pitch goes up and up and comes tumbling down like on the best from her catalogue. She feels every nuance of our truly evanescent state and continues to provide creative fodder in that direction.

WASTED ON YOU (FAN VIDEO)- EVANESCENCE.