The letter

By the time I had laid my hands on the envelope which sat abandoned on my bed, my hands were shaking uncontrollably. I hesitantly picked it up, twisting it over in my hands, feeling the soft, ageing paper under my sweating fingers.The envelope was plain, with only a few words hastily scribbled onto it.

Don't Open untill she reaches of age, prying eyes will eventually burn.......

Those words; they sent fear jolting down my spine, I could feel the heavy threat crushing down on me, as if I was an intruder.But no.The letter was mine, and I had to open it.

 I stared at it angrily, furious with my self for being nervous. Just open it.... I thought, silently urging myself to get it over and done with. A renewed strength surged in me and I ripped open the envelope, throwing the sleek, white envelope onto my bedroom floor.

"If you are reading this I am assuming you are almost of age or already sixteen, otherwise this envelope would've erupted into flames, probably killing everyone within a five mile radius. You might think this extreme, but secrets are secrets for a reason, enemies are prowling our castle, we can not trust anyone or disclose any information in case this is interpreted. We might be dead, we might not be, but that's not what matters. Roxanne, prepare yourself, life is going to change.

Sorry,

 Ezmeralda Forest and Christopher Forest.

The first sentence had my mind swirling, I started at it, fury erupted in my eyes, biting my lip, I read to the word. Abandoned, and this is what I get, an empty apology and a ridiculous warning.

A laugh escaped my lips and I sighed, flopping onto my bed, fluffing out my long black hair absentmindedly. It's official my parent's are crazy......

Abandoned, I was. At the ripe age of one, left at the doorstep of a random house. Luckily Jacky took me in, I smiled, remembering the day I turned thirteen and she animatedly told me how she found me, making things up on the spot and describing herself as the hero of the day. She was practically my mum.

I rolled over onto my stomach, twirling a strand of hair in my fingers, my thoughts racing. I still wanted to know who my parents were.... I shook my head angrily and jumped of the bed, stowing the letter away in my wardrobe drawer. They're crazy,loony deranged. It's better this way I thought, convincing myself.

I caught a glimpse of myself in my wardrobe mirror and huffed. My long black mane, lay messily and uncombed on the back, rolling down to my stomach. Troubled, deep blue eyes stared back at me, my skin almost papery white, glowed in the dim bedroom light.

"ROXY!! COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"aghh!!!" I screamed, nearly jumping back onto my bed.  I grimaced and trudged over to my bedroom door, opening it slowly.

"ROXY COME HERE RIGHT THIS SECOND!"

The noise intensified, nearly making me retreat hastily back into the comfort of my room, thinking otherwise I walked down the stairs, a heavy sigh labouring my breath as I followed the earsplitting screams until I made my way to the bathroom.

Walking in, I shot a glance around the bathroom and grinned sheepishly. Clothes and towels were strewn across the floor, a brush lay precariously on the toilet seat; inches from falling in and my hair straightener was stretched across the floor, the wire vanishing under the small bathroom carpet.
A  women aged twenty seven stood, fuming as she gestured wildly to the unrecognisable bathroom. Her short bob of brown hair shook at her shoulders as she glared at me, her mouth in a thin tight line.
"What do you think is?!" She asked.

I laughed and shifted my feet. "A bathroom?"

"Don't talk to me like that !" Jude said, crossing her arms. "You are grounded, until this is cleaned up" She said and with that she moved out of the bathroom, her long skirt billowing behind her.

I sighed and slowly began to clean up the mess that was my bathroom..

 ******************************************

Thanks for reading!! Much appreciated, VOTE and comment!! Tell me what you think ;)