34 ; It's Near

"Wh-what?" Jungkook was taken aback and couldn't help but stutter. The boy could hear that his heart shuttering into million pieces, that guy feeling that has been tormenting him all morning now getting worse.

"Woah, even you don't like the sound of it. Nice" Hoseok scoffed, his worry getting over of the roof. Even though it was not the time for it, Jungkook's 'girlfriend' showed up and dragged him away from his friend, claiming they had more important things to do than sit around and do nothing.

Other students all around were already making fun of Jimin missing and Jungkook standing there doing nothing, so he didn't dare to say 'no' to her.

So that's how Jungkook's ended up forgetting all about the weird feeling on his stomach. To be more specific, he chose to ignore it for the sake of getting back his reputation back to zero. He loved how everyone was minding their business after he told them he technically used someone. Seems it's better to be a snake rather than gay nowadays.

Now, to be honest, Jungkook was the only one that felt good about where this situation was going. Compared to Hoseok who could die if he didn't get a text back from Jimin. Or compared to Jimin himself, who had locked himself inside the house, crying all day and night long.

The fact that the weather is expected to be rainy for the next days is not much of a help either. The boy was curled up in a ball, laying like that on his bed. He found himself crying yet again as he thought about Jungkook and the moments they shared together.

Suddenly he fell silent and got completely calm, staring off into the void. He was technically lost in his thoughts about leaving the place, there was no use of staying after all, if it wasn't for Jungkook he would have fleed a long time ago.

However SOMETHING told him to stay.

There are not enough words in the English vocabulary to describe how much he regrets following his instincts.

And that's how he was found crying his heart again, for some reason it hurts more than previous heartbreaks.

Was it because he had been used? No, he had been used in the past.

Was it because he fell in love hard with Jungkook? Probably, but he felt like that wasn't it. Yet still, if it's none of these, then there is nothing else he can think of. He kind of just knew that's what he was supposed to feel.

The male sighed heavily and wiped away his tears, but more kept running down to his cheeks. He hated his life all over again. Just about when he was ready to say the word that he was happy, everything took an awful turn. And now, things are getting even worse.

Jimin gathered up his courage and got out of bed and started packing his things. Right on time the clouds to pour it all down. He was too focused on leaving the town as soon as possible that he didn't care about anything else.

It is rather late for things like that, the moon and the stars are supposed to be seen on the sky but it was a dark night.

Darker than ever before, the sky was pitch black and Jungkook didn't fail to notice that.

That was when the bad feeling cane back. The younger knew something was off, like everything was going out of order all of a sudden, but I guess that's what happens when you mess with fate.

The boy didn't have much time to think his feelings through about this for his Hyung to burst through the door, being more pale than ever. Hoseok looked like he had seen a ghost. He didn't speak though, he just tossed his phone to the younger. The boy examined his friend for a while before looking at the phone screen, his heart dropping more and more by the second. It was a text message from Jimin that he was leaving the town and now, he is going to miss everyone.

Jungkook was at loss for words but before he even knew it, his feet dragged him outside. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the younger found himself in the middle of nowhere, wet from head to toe, looking everywhere for Jimin.

While you might say he had been lost, he wasn't. Jungkook decided to follow his instinct but after a couple hours he gave up and just stood there, staring at the ground. He was crying silently his heart out but the rain covered that. He started sobbing and decided to give one more try. He kept going while calling Jimin, only to be met with the voice mail again.

That was when a couple feet ahead of him,he spotted a figure just standing there,under an umbrella, string at their phone. It was Jimin, staring at the number of times Jungkook called him, not realising that the boy was now standing in front of him.

Jimin put his phone away and soon his eyes met Jungkook's, both looked really tired and sad but none of the two spoke up about it.

"Where do you thing you are going?" The younger asked quietly, but still in an angry manner.

"None of your business Jeon" Jimin replied calmly, like nothing was wrong. However, everything was wrong. Jimin was shivering from cold and his fear of storms. Jungkook was drenched and shivering as well, looking like he was about to pass at any given time. Everything was a mess, and nothing could fix that.

"Please don't leave..." Jungkook pleaded, tears forming in his eyes again. The older wasn't convinced and it was evident. The way he stared blankly at Jungkook, that low-key scared the boy.

The younger gathered the courage and placed his hand on the other's cheek, pulling him a little closer and then, finally kissing him.

Jimin gasped a little, his eyes widening in surprise, his body freezing in it's place for a couple of seconds in response. Despite that, he didn't spend more time in holding back and actually kissed Jungkook back. It was an intense kiss, everything they couldn't express with words was poured into it. The older let the umbrella slip from his gasp. Soon his arms were wrapped around Jungkook's neck, pulling him as close as possible. Moments later, they broke the kiss momentarily.

"I love you" Jungkook whispered before kissing Jimin again, but this time, their kiss was more gentle and filled with love. They spent a couple minutes like that before pulling away, staring at each other dumbfounded.

"Th-that won't make me stay Jungkook" huffed Jimin softly, his gaze was now on the ground.

"I will still love you Hyung" Jungkook sighed heavily, knowing that he played but lost. That was their end, they wouldn't get to live their happily ever after.

Jimin slowly picked up his umbrella and, held it tightly, bowing slightly at Jungkook and then he left. Jungkook still stood there until Jimin was completely out of sight and only then did he returned to Hoseok's.

And that's when Jungkook knew his nights wouldn't be the same, he knew he would never stop looking at the sky the same way as before. That is as long as the stars decide to come back to illuminate his nights.