❥៚ F I F T E E N

"so, i think—" taehyun was cut off by a loud bang sound that startled both of them. it sounded like thunder which made them both glance towards the window and to their dismay, they were right. it was thunder.

immediately, pattering of rain followed soon after the enormous boom and the sky was completely dark now. the only sources of light they now had was from their flashlight and the lightning flashing suddenly.

"c-can you turn on the flashlight?"

beomgyu nodded and switched his flashlight on. unfortunately, the flashlight had to flicker and eventually it died. taehyun panicked, grabbing the flashlight from the older and started to hit it, in hopes of it turning back on.

but, it was to no avail.

"damn it." taehyun cursed under his breath. this scenario felt oddly familiar to him because it happened to him before inside of the closet.

"hey, gyu? did you perhaps bring any spare batteries?" taehyun asked, really hoping that the older did. he doesn't want to be in the dark again. especially, when it was raining. it just brought back so many horrible memories that he didn't want to remember anymore.

"no.." taehyun sighed, moving himself closer towards the older boy and hugged onto his knees.

the truth was, beomgyu lied. he did bring spare batteries - or more like yeonjun was the one who shoved all those spare batteries into his bag. he honestly didn't know why he lied. actually, maybe he did know but he felt too selfish to admit it.

yes, it was a selfish reason.

he lied because he wanted to be close to taehyun and he didn't want to explain himself if he ended up being too touchy with taehyun.

"hey, tae? have you.. uh.. had any boyfriends before?" beomgyu all of a sudden asks, surprising the younger.

"um.. kinda? yes? i guess? why are you asking?"

'yes? kinda? he guesses?' beomgyu was shocked by taehyun's answer to say those least.

"um nothing... i was just bored, so i asked..."

"oh.."

"so anyways, what did you mean by that? you've dated someone before?" beomgyu questioned, feeling a little pissed with the thought of taehyun with someone else other than him.

"ah.. y-yeah. his name is park jisung. soobin hyung introduced him to me and we're actually born on the same year, month and day, so we bonded over that really quickly." beomgyu stayed quiet, listening closely to every single word that taehyun had said.

"eventually, he confessed that he had feelings for me —" unconsciously, beomgyu's jaw clenched, feeling a little jealous whilst taehyun continued, "— and we dated but i didn't really like him though. i had feelings for soobin hyung at that time. i only said yes because i felt bad for him."

"did you guys kiss..?"

"nope. not on the lips, but cheeks and stuff.."

"oh. so, i'm your first then?"

"mhm. you're my first." taehyun answered nonchalantly before he quickly turned red in realization of what he just said. he was kind of glad that it was dark or else beomgyu would've seen his flushed red tomato face by now.

beomgyu on the other hand, smiled like an idiot, knowing that he was taehyun's first kiss.

"anyways, you two broke up though, right?"

"i— um... yeah... he's with someone better now, but we're still friends though."

beomgyu felt relieved hearing that. he had taehyun all to himself, but not yet officially. though, he wanted taehyun all to himself but he couldn't as of right now.

"hey... speaking of those things... um.. do you think i can get over soobin hyung..? i really don't know if i can.." beomgyu stayed silent and gently held taehyun by his chin, lifting the boy's face up to meet his. "do you want to get over him? that's what i wanna know."

"y-yeah... i do."

"well then, you won't mind if i help you with it?"

"w-what do you mean by that?"

beomgyu doesn't answer, but instead leans himself closer towards the boy's lips. taehyun's breath hitched, not knowing what to do, but he knew what the older was about to do yet he couldn't bring himself to push him away.

for some odd reason, taehyun wanted beomgyu to kiss him, so he didn't do anything to stop the older from doing so. his heart was beating rapidly and eventually, his eyes decided to shut itself as he waited for those familiar soft pair of lips to press against his.

a few seconds passed yet taehyun felt nothing which made him confused. he slowly fluttered open his eyes with furrowed brows, meeting beomgyu's gaze.

beomgyu quickly pulled himself away, looking at the other direction. "s-sorry... it's nothing." immediately, taehyun frowned and felt a little pang in his heart. he felt disappointed with beomgyu again.

why didn't he do it? no wait, why did taehyun even expect beomgyu to kiss him?

taehyun felt hurt, but chose not to do or say anything. instead he just gave beomgyu the silent treatment and decided to sleep.

'whatever. i don't like this jerk anyways.' he thought to himself with a slight pout on his lips.

taehyun kind of wished that beomgyu would kiss him again.

+ × +

taehyun's head was resting on beomgyu's shoulder, but the ravenette was so dazed that he didn't even notice. he kept thinking about how he almost kissed the younger again.

he regretted it, but at that moment, he couldn't do it because he can't just take advantage of taehyun like that. or at least, that's what he thought. beomgyu thinks that taehyun might not like him back which made him distance himself from the younger before they could kiss again.

he thinks that if he kissed taehyun again then perhaps, taehyun wouldn't want to be even friends with him anymore and he couldn't risk that. beomgyu has fallen for taehyun so much in such a short amount of time that he couldn't bear at the thought of taehyun leaving him or even worse, hating him, all just because he had no self control and decided to shamelessly kiss the younger.

if only he knew that it was the complete opposite.

beomgyu really wanted to tell taehyun how he felt because that was the only thing that was occupying his mind at the moment that suddenly, those words slipped out from his mouth.

"I really like you, taehyun."

° ┄┄────┄
⁝ ⊹ ⁝
✧ ⋆ . ˚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀( 🍃 )
˚✦
( 🌿 )

└> @scftjunnie is typing... ❜
.  .  .  💌 : my eyes are fine now, but tysm for the lovely comments
here's another chapter for y'all uwu <3333

。゚・ 𖥸──-ˋˏ 02|08|20 ˎˊ-──𖥸 。゚・