Prologue

The wind blowing outside did not deter Justice from doing what she did best. She wrapped up and hit the street. Offering "food" to anyone willing to buy it. She had several jobs. At a very young age she had learned that it was a dog eat dog world and had decided she would always remain predator. Sixteen and living by herself. She had grown up being transferred from one foster home to another. She was just another name lost in the system. She had come home from school one day to see her dead mother in their bath tub. She had apparently overdosed on a variety of drugs whilst she was high and had OD'ed.

Justice wasn't called Justice for any reason. She run the streets and wasn't ashamed to own it. When punishment was due, she did so with immaculate precision and with Striker her partner in crime, you don't want to mess with Justice.

"Yo Justice. You got that for me?" Glenda asked.

"You don't have to ask Glenda you know I do!" Justice smiled locating the class A drug hidden deep in her tracksuit bottoms.

"Money first." Justice growled.

"I've only got £25 Justice, I'll being the other £5 when I get paid on Friday."

"Are you mugging me!" she shouted landing a detrimental blow to Glenda's head.

"Owwwww! Justice please. I'm sorry. I'll have it. I'm sorry. Please Justice." She weeped going on her knees begging.

Under different circumstances, in a different life, Justice would have been more than happy to lend the elderly a helping hand. But the streets had made her cold. She had no love for no one.

"F*ck off Glenda! Piss off. No money, no getting high. I don't care if you have to rob a corner shop or a little boy, or prostitute yourself, I want that fiver, when you find it, you know where to find me. PRICK." she said spitting on the crumbling image that was Glenda.

The effects of drug abuse. The cold world of addictions and those who profit from that addiction.

Glenda looked around shattered. Once, her crouched figure stood tall in 4inch heels and walked across marble floors in London's biggest investment bank. Life had been cruel to Glenda and the cards it had dealt her, she had not been able to deal with. What started out as a habit developed to an addiction which now meant she had lost her million dollar home, friends, family, and most importantly and detrimentally, herself.

Glenda looked to the sky and blinked. It started to rain and her mouth opened, the rain water not fulfilling the ache deep within her soul.

She walked slowly as the world raced past her like a movie. Time indeed, waited for no man. She walked right into the train tracks and was grateful when she saw those blinding lights and deafening noise approach her. She sighed with content. It was all over.

Justice weighing and cooking her drugs the next day when she saw a picture of Glenda and the headline "Woman decapitated by train. Dead on impact." She shrugged and continued to work.

She was sorry that she'd lost another customer when meant more hard work and grinding in the streets.

Life was but a moment.

You either grabbed it with everything you had and sank your tooth in it like a vampire or let it go, and remain dormant. And Justice, was the worse kind of vampire there was.  

©WanderingFantasy [ Jan 2011 ]