Chapter 3. Stay away

Ezra got up from the couch and headed towards the door.

He opened the door and saw the 5'2 brunette.

"Oh come in." Ezra said scanning her.

She had on a basic black lacy shirt with jeans slightly ripped at the knee, and her hair up in a high ponytail with big hoop earrings.

"Thanks." Aria responded.

Aria's voice broke his thoughts of how pretty she looked, even though her outfit wasn't all fancy. She was beautiful in baggy sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt with no makeup.

"So, uh I guess we should talk about what exactly happened." Ezra said as his eyes wandered towards the ground.

"Ezra, look at me. I love you, okay? and that's why you need to stay away from me." She said holding tears back.

"I don't understand Aria, if you love me and want to be with me, then why are you doing this? I can protect you. And I will protect you no matter what. I mean, -A is gone, and we were so happy together!" Ezra said practically in pieces.

"Because I need to protect you!" Aria said touching his cheek.

"I can protect myself Aria! And I can protect you, you just have to let me in!" Ezra said trying to stay calm.

"Ezra you don't get it, it's for the best okay?" Aria said trying to calm him.

"Aria, I love you, and I will protect you, even if I end up losing you because your mad at me. I know you think I can't handle myself, but I can. I don't know what your so afraid of, but I will figure out." He said stroking her face.

"No, no, no Ezra. You can't do that. You'll get hurt, and it won't be pretty." Aria said staring deeply into his eyes. "And I can't risk that, I can't risk losing you."

"Well your losing me already!" Ezra said trying to contain his anger.

Tears streamed down Aria's face. She looked down and shook her head. She grabbed her bag and headed towards the door.

He regretted saying that the second it left his mouth. He grabbed Aria's arm an pulled her back.

" I'm sorry Aria, shhh don't cry baby. I'm right here. It's going to be fine." He said stroking her hair.

After for what seemed like forever, Aria pulled away.

"Ezra trust me it's for the best, I love you. And if our love is real, and if you love me, then stay away." Aria said giving him a gentle kiss.

She walked out the door just like that.

"Stay away" those words completely broke him.