Chapter 27

Nico POV

"Don't stop until you're proud".

Potions Period 5

Ah, the potions classroom. Why does it look brighter? It's almost as if Snape was kicked out of his own teaching room, but I then remember how dark the DADA room looked and even felt. Hm? Maybe the darkness does follow the person of choice?

As I enter the already packed classroom, full of Slytherins and Gryffindors, I quickly shrug off my basic satchel and sling it across my chosen chair, which big surprise is in the back row, on the left, this just so happens to be the best viewing location of the class for a theory lesson. I scout out a desk for my practical lessons with the same advance and come up short. Eh? I shake off the thoughts of seating arrangements for now as a...plump, man with a vibe of greed comes bumbling into the room at a speed that shouldn't be possible.

"Ah! Hello class! As most of you know Professor Snape is now the DADA teacher because of an...incident." At this statement from the man, most of the class takes a quick peek or, as the red tie wearers full-on blinked at me, even turning their bodies in a full 180 just to have a look at me. A sneer pulls at my face not directed at anyone in particular, no doubt making my eyes look pitch black in disgust. At my sneer, all the eyes flick back to the man in a second as he continues with his introduction.

"Yes, yes, yes, I am Horace Slughorn but as my students, you will address me as Professor Slughorn for the remainder of the year and for the foreseeable future!" The man now known as Professor Slughorn joyfully announce looking around to the students but paying most attention towards the Slytherins as if he didn't want to put up with the other half of the class.

Professor Slughorn remains at the front of the class not bothering to move around as if it exhausted him to even think of such an act as, pacing.

"In this class, students will learn the way to brew potions of a 5th-year standard provided by the British Ministry's curriculum," This statement makes Slughorn's eyes flash as if he were disgusted or mad? At the British standard for potions. Interesting. "Some interesting potions that everyone will learn include but never! Limited to the Draught of Peace, Strengthening Solution, and a Wit-Sharpening Potion." He finished off with a glance around the room almost as if he were waiting for someone to question the potions chosen.

"As most if not all of your teaches have already stated, you will be taking your OWLs the next June which is an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. These grades will determine where you will end up in life, at least in the magical community." Slughorn ended his statement in a quiet but serious tone, the exact opposite of his looks.

"Now, that we have all of the serious business out of the way today we will be creating the Draught of Peace, yes I know it is early in the term, but one should always be prepared to create such a draught," Slughorn stated as if it was obvious, which I suppose it is.

"Everyone! Get up and get to a desk, return to your partners or find new ones! Because everything is about new connections in the world." He stated before flicking up his wand to create the potions, its ingredients, and the method to follow while creating it on the blackboard. After completing this he turned to his own desk and flicked over some obscured documents to read.

I glided to a desk, and place everything I needed on top, moonstone, syrup of hellebore, porcupine quills, and powdered unicorn horn. As I follow the recipe, smashing the moonstone to a fine powder and as if I were suddenly brought up from a heavy spell, I spare a glance to my right, only to see elegant, smooth, pale hands work their way around MY workstation, grabbing the porcupine quills to crush them.

The mocking words of the new professor come back into my mind as if I didn't register them the first time 'return to your partners or find new ones.'

Damn.

I trace the dainty but powerful pale arms up to the owner of them only to blink as if the spell descended back on me.

Draco Malfoy.

The Slytherin Prince.

Death Eater?

But mainly the most gorgeous human I have seen in my many years of living. His elven features draw you in, the pale complexion fails to make him look sick like but takes on a glowing look as if his skin was placed directly bellow a halo, his slightly longer platinum blonde hair falls into his ice grey eyes, making him push it away quickly as if he were used to doing it. He suddenly stiffens and I know I have been caught staring at him like an idiot, so I quickly make myself useful by completing the first step, which is adding the powdered moonstone until the basic potion mixture turns solid green. As we complete the steps for the draught, I can't help but notice how in harmony our movements are and before I knew it Drac- no Malfoy was completing the last step by adding exactly 7 drops of hellebore.

The potion was deemed as correct as a silvery vapor rose from the turquoise blue coloured potion and a loud clap followed by a boisterous laugh echoed around the room making me jump as I stopped admirin-OBSERVING! Malfoy. Damn what is wrong with me? Maybe I was really coming down with an illness?

"Ahha! Young Malfoy and Mr. Di Angelo are the first to complete this complex draught! 10 points each!" Professor Slughorn said in an excited manner as he observed us, well Malfoy move but I was still there. "I don't want to sound propitious, but you two individuals have a rich future ahead of youse if you keep up with this dedication in class!" Slughorn finished up as he started filling up vials as I reflexively started cleaning up the shared workstation.

The bell expectably rang as I was just finished the boring cleaning process. The class groaned in relief as a response causing me to crackle internally.

Ha. Ha.

I quickly make my way to the door only to be stopped by Professor Slughorn. AH. I turn around with a mask of indifference placed firmly on my face at the unexpected hold-up.

"Mr. Di Angelo could you please stay after class for a moment." He said as the rest of the class practically rushed out of the classroom in excitement for Transfiguration.

"Yes, sir?" I questioned my needed presents to the professor in curiosity if not slightly passive-aggressive.

"Ah, yes Mr. Di Angelo, I have been making a chart up for the next school year for the partners and Draco already replied with an affirmative to be your partner for the next school year, so would you like to be Mr. Malfoy's partner for potions and if not then I need to know now so I can change the seating arrangement." Professor Slughorn stated out as if I was expected to reply with a yes...Well I mean I am, but that's not the point.

"Yes sir, I would love to be Malfoy's new potions partner." I finished off with a nod of my head as if that defined my answer. (Which it did, by anyway). And I was surprised to actually mean it. Hm? I think I am sick; I will need to tell father about this, I mentally noted it down.

"Ah, I thought you would reply with that, so congratulations! Mr. Di Angelo, I believe I will see great things from you and Mr. Malfoy." He said with a pat on my shoulder and a smile on his face, making his way back to his new desk as I completed a 180 and walked straight to the Transfiguration room for Professor McGonagall's class.

With a warm feeling in my chest, I raised my hand to rub at it...what is this feeling? 

(AN: Heyy, I am trying to complete full chapters, and here it is. It's slowly getting there but there will be more regular updates soon..hopefully).

(Word count: 1384)