1 •June 28•

I decide I should probably find a nurse. I look around and see a big red button on the cart beside my bed, and I decide to press it.

After about 30 seconds, someone wearing white scrubs comes rushing in the room holding a clipboard, followed by two middle-aged people, a man and a woman.

"SABRINA!" The older woman screams, sobbing. "You're awake! I didn't think you would- well I mean... I'm just so happy you're okay!"

The man puts an arm around her, comforting her and stares at me with the same look of joy, mixed with concern, that I saw in the woman's eyes.

"Alright," The other lady, who I'm assuming is the nurse, says. "How do you feel?"

"Um... pretty good, I guess?" I reply, more as a question than a statement. Whatever pain that caused me to end up the hospital in the first place is gone, it seems.

"I mean, there's a slight throbbing in the back of my head, but I think I'm just a little overwhelmed." I weakly smile.

The nurse asks me a few more questions about my head and how much I remember about what happened, before she thanks me and leaves to go find the doctor.

I look up at the two adults. The woman is still sobbing, and the man still patting her back reassuringly.

"Mom?" I try out, wondering if she'll respond.

The woman, my mom, stops crying and looks down at me. "Yes, sweetie?"

I swallow down the puke that threatens to come up, my worst fears having been confirmed: these people really are my parents, and I don't remember them at all.

"Um.." I pause, not really sure how to tell them this. "You know how I told the nurse how I don't remember anything about the accident?" They both nod. "Well that's not all... I don't remember anything, about any part of my life. I don't even remember you guys... I just figured you all were my parents."

They both look at me, shocked, before my mom breaks down sobbing again.

"Brinna!!" I hear another voice scream, followed by a teenage boy about my age walking into the room.

He has blonde hair in a quiff, and the most beautiful baby blue eyes I've ever seen. Not that I can remember, but I'm assuming, because gosh dang, they are gorgeous.

He runs to my side, but my dad lets go of my mom and rushes over to him, then whispers something in his ear, and i can see his smile drop, his eyes sad.

He looks up at me again, then sighs. "So you don't know who I am then?"

I shake my head sadly.

He frowns slightly, then opens his mouth, but hesitates, as if contemplating on whether to tell me something or not.

He then holds his hand out. "I'm Luke, a friend of yours." He smiles slightly, and I can see my parents glance at each other questioningly. I wonder what that's about.

I look at back at the boy, Luke, as I now know him, and hold out my hand. "I'm -" I start, then pause, realizing I don't even know my own name.

"Brinna," he grins.

"Right," I chuckle. "You already know." I let go of his hand and look down, slightly blushing out of embarrassment.

"Well, um," He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'll leave you with your parents then," he quietly speaks, before turning his back on me and shuffling out of the room.

I glance up at my parents, as they both walk solemnly over to me and sit on my bed, on either side of me.

"So you remember nothing?" My mom whispers, looking into my eyes with her own teary ones. "Not even a hint of a memory?"

I shake my head again.

My mom bites her lip and looks down, just as the doctor walks in.

"All right, so the nurse already checked up on you and asked you a few questions, and it says here that you don't remember the accident. I was afraid of that. However, do you remember anything from before the accident?" He looks at me quizzically.

"No."

He nods, "I figured that, too, but I was hoping you might at least remember a little from your past."

"I don't." I frown, wishing I had at least had a small fragment of a memory from my past to hold onto.

"Well, I wouldn't be too worried. I've had a lot of patients suffer from amnesia, and they usually retain all of their memories within a year of losing them. Now, since it seems you have no physical pain, I'll do a quick check up to make sure all of your broken parts have healed fully, and then I'll send you on your way. I'll call you in for another check up in a few weeks to see if your brain is on the right healing track, and to see how much you've remembered. Does that sound good?"

I nod, then look at my parents, waiting for their confirmation.

"Of course." My father nods, then smiles at me reassuringly.

The doctor checks on all of my body parts that were apparently broken in the accident that still remains a mystery to me, and when he seems sure that I've healed fully, he smiles at my parents one last time before leaving the room.

My mom grabs a bag that was in the corner of the room and tosses it on my bed.

"Get dressed," she smiles. "We're going home."

--------------

THIS IS MY FIRST STORY I'M REALLY EXCITED OKAY

so if y'all are wondering what Bri looks like, I have a picture on the side:)

see you guys later alligators (Idk i'm lame)