Chapter 1

The last month has been the weirdest and busiest of my life. At first, I was really looking forward to spending some time with Nick before I had to leave, but after a week I started to notice that he was acting different than the whole I’m-Moving-To-LA thing. And when I say different, it’s not different good. It’s bad, really REALLY bad. In the last month, Nick was more jealous and protective than he was ever been. It came to the point where he got kicked out of a club for punching a guy that was simply looking at me. Looking!! I hate to say this, but I was more than relieved when today came and I saw Nick’s face the last time for at least a few months. I just couldn’t stand his protectiveness anymore. So I said goodbye to my apartment, my friends, Nick , my dad  – whom I know I’ll miss more than anything –  and New York and got into the airplane I was in right now, bored out of my mind. Nice decision, uh? 

Knowing I still have another two hours of flight I decide to sleep so I wouldn’t be a grumpy bitch while meeting my new room-mates for the first time. I think it’s best if I make a good impression.

I slept for the rest of the trip and after looking to the guy on my left I silently began to thank God I reminded myself to bring a neck pillow. I leave the airplane and go to check – out, picking up my bags in the meantime. Now, I just need to wait for Lucy and her boyfriend to pick me up. And God knows that girl is never on time. Me and her go way back. Actually, I think we’ve been friend forever, just for the simple fact that our dads were friends too. And in spite of her being late to everything, ALWAYS, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. 

I busy myself playing with my phone until I hear a much too recognizable voice shouting. “Come on, Joel!! Her plane landed 20 minutes ago. We’re late.”

“It wasn’t me who took half an hour to get ready” he answers back. God, I missed their banter.

“Never leave the house without looking your best. Have I taught you nothing?” she asks and I swear I can feel the smirk on her face while she says it.

“You always look your best to me” he says. Damn, isn’t he a smooth talker. For the silence I hear in response I assume they aren’t exactly talking anymore so I decide to make my presence announced.

“Hey, love birds!” I shout when I see them passionately making out I the middle of the airport. No shame. “I kinda need help with my bags”

At my wake-up call, let’s say, the both look up and as soon as she sees me Lucy comes flying down from her boyfriend’s arms into mine.

“Nads!” She shouts “I missed you so much”

“I missed you too” I laugh off “Six months is a long time without seeing each other”

“Oh, you say that now but you’ll regret it after a month of living with her” Joel says, approaching us to give me a hug.

“Hey!!” Lucy exclaims punching Joel in the arm. He just laughs it off and grabs her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. I swear, I never saw two people more in love.

“Ok, ok. Let’s stop with hugs” I say “I want to get home”

“Your wish is my command!” Joel shouts while taking two of my bags and heading to the airport door in a very dramatic exit. Me and Lucy laugh and she takes my arm as we walk to the car. I can already tell that living with them is going to be a blast.

During the ride they inform me of the people living with them – us, from now on – and I find out that one of their friends is attending the University I will be too. The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in LA, one of the most prestigious design schools in the country. I also find out that three other guys that, as Joel, are attending UCLA’s School of Performing Arts in Music. One of them being Lucy´s stepbrother Alexander whom I also considered one of my best friends. In total there are 8 people living in that house – 9 with me: 4 guys and 5 girls.

We reach the house and I’m instantly blown away with what I see. After passing the gate that assures our privacy we pull up to a massive house with clean cut lines and a modern feel to it. The front is decorated with two vine stairs that lead up to two huge balconies of what I assume are two of the rooms in the house of the six they told me existed. They also tell me about the pool in the back and the private cinema room we have in the basement. Now that are two features I’m going to enjoy. We enter the mahogany door and as soon as I walk in I notice the loud noises that are coming in the distance.

“They’re playing video games” Lucy says as she leans to me “Most of the times it gets pretty loud”

I laugh and they lead me to the living room where we find 6 people playing video games, laughing their faces off to the screen.

“Guys, this is my friend Nadine” Lucy introduces me. “Our new room-mate”

A.N.: We're back! And we want to thank the feedbak we got for the prologue. It really helped us realize this is something we want to do. So thanks! And we will continue updating regularly so vote, comment and share! Happy New Year!!!