• bonus chapter •

"i don't wanna go," jihoon pouted as he gave soonyoung puppy dog eyes. it was taking every fiber in soonyoung's body to not give in.

"you have to, i'll be here with woosung." soonyoung reasoned and jihoon dropped his head, he didn't want to leave his lover and son behind.

soonyoung pulled jihoon into an embrace and held him tightly. it was jihoon's first time going back to school since having woosung and jihoon really did not want to go.

"but i'm gonna miss you two.." jihoon said as he stared at the ground, he was never this open with his feelings and affection.

"bub.. we'll be here when you get back." soonyoung said and jihoon sighed.

jihoon had completed the rest of his second year of college and third year online while he stayed home to take care of woosung but going back to attending in person for his final year he found himself overwhelmed. woosung was turning two in a couple of months and jihoon didn't want to be so caught up and stressed with school that he missed time with his baby. soonyoung could read the stress that was plastered on jihoon's face and felt miserable, he wanted to take every ounce of the stress and hurt and throw it away.

"i guess i'll get going then.." jihoon said and soonyoung released jihoon from the hug.

while they had been talking woosung was sound asleep after jihoon feeding him. jihoon walked over and gently pressed a kiss to his forehead and grinned, the boy did look just like himself.

"i love you, don't burn down the house while i'm gone." jihoon said as he stepped back to soonyoung. soonyoung cracked a smile and nodded.

"bye," jihoon said as he began walking towards the door, he really did not want to go.

"bye, i love you hoonie." soonyoung said and jihoon smiled a bit as he opened the door and stepped out then shut the door behind him.

soonyoung let out a large exhale as he glanced over to the sleeping woosung. he was terrified to take care of woosung by himself, he had done it before but it was shorter amounts of time it was always only a few hours never a whole day. soonyoung was worried for jihoon's first day back but he found himself more concerned with his parenting skills as woosung woke up crying.

soonyoung picked up the boy and slowly rocked him but woosung kept crying. soonyoung panicked and looked around and quickly realized there was no jihoon to help him right now. soonyoung thought of texting jihoon but dismissed it as he didn't want to bother him at school. soonyoung glanced back down to the boy and frowned.

"what's wrong woosungie? do you miss mama?" soonyoung asked and woosung calmed a bit as if he understood him. soonyoung frowned.

"me too," soonyoung replied and he felt like such a fool, it hadn't even been an hour since jihoon left but jihoon felt the same way.

as he sat in his first lecture he didn't pay attention in the least bit, he was worried about soonyoung and woosung. jihoon missed them desperately. he just fiddled with his pencil as he thought about them, he wondered if they were doing well or if woosung was being fussy.

"jihoon? you okay?" jeonghan whispered as he nudged jihoon's arm. jihoon looked over and nodded despite the frown on his face.

"you miss them don't you?" jeonghan whispered once again and jihoon adverted his gaze and nodded. jeonghan sighed and gently rubbed jihoon's back.

once lunch period came around jihoon left his group of friends to find somewhere quiet to call soonyoung. he had been waiting for this all day. jihoon found a small spot beside the school and he sat down as he got his phone out. jihoon smiled as he dialed soonyoung's number, soonyoung picked up quickly.

"jihoon? is everything alright love?"

"yeah.. i guess i just missed you,"

"aren't you in class? you need to study bub!"

"i'm at lunch don't worry,"

"have you ate already? you need to take care of your health-"

"soonyoung.. take a breath. it's okay, i'm okay."

"yeah .. sorry.. i've just been worrying all day and woosung has been so fussy.. he misses you.. i m-miss you.."

just then jihoon heard soonyoung's voice crack over the phone and jihoon felt his heart shatter. jihoon bit down on his lip, he knew it was still too early to come back.

"i'm coming home."

"jihoon! you can't! you have afternoon-"

"p-please?"

"jihoon.."

"i'm on my way."

jihoon ran the whole way home. he found it ridiculous how his life always felt like a drama but he wouldn't have it any other way. jihoon opened the door and kicked off his shoes as he stepped into the living room as he panted. soonyoung was on the couch with woosung on his lap as they both moped for jihoon.

"i'm home!" jihoon said with a smile and held his arms out.

soonyoung stood up with woosung in his arms as he walked, at a rather quick pace, into jihoon's arms. woosung gripped both his mom and dad's hair as they hugged so he could be included. maybe it wasn't time for jihoon to go back and that was okay, as long as they had each other they were happy.

"mama!"

"d-did he just-"

"holy shit."

"shit!"

"WOOSUNG NO-"

• author's notes •

yo this book his 10k so you know I had to write a bonus chapter and I just wanna say thank you so much 🥺 also I have a ongoing jihoon book out (it's not mpreg but yknow) and it's called ink and I also have an ongoing verkwan book out (there is mpreg but it's more like single dad seungkwan) and it's called special so pls go check them out if you're interested

once again, thank you so much for supporting independent and giving it lots of love, i really appreciate it <3 i hope you all enjoyed the bonus chapter !!

-lilly