Chapter 4

Hoping to find more vendors on our way to the Weasleys, I grabbed my coin bag again and placed Troy inside to show Hermione. We arrived to find both of their tents set up perfectly fine. It seemed that Harry did know what he was doing when setting up a tent.

Everyone was sitting around in a circle outside the tents eating what looked to be eggs and sausage. There were three red-haired boys that I did not recognize and, to my surprise, a man dressed like a giant bee.

"Here are the Cygnets now! Over here, Amelia, are my three boys Bill, Charlie, and Percy."

I recognized Charlie, who graduated during my first year at Hogwarts, and Percy, who graduated last year, but not the oldest boy. He looked like all of the other Weasleys except with long hair and a fang earring. Charlie seemed to have acquired many scars and burns while he had been away working with dragons. And Percy was still Percy: annoying. Each of the boys stood up and shook my parents hands.

"Hey y/n! It's good to see you," Charlie gave me a one-armed hug.

Percy shook my hand stiffly. "Hello y/n."

Bill shook my hand as well but with more enthusiasm. "I've heard a thing or two about you from Fred and George. I hope you live up to the glory they've given you. Especially George."

"Ah shut up, you git." George grabbed hold of Bill and they wrestled. The other Weaslys, except for Percy, laughed at the sight.

Mr. Weasley ignores his children and waves a hand at the bee man. "And this Ludo Bagman. The Head of the Sports department at the Ministry."

"Pleasure to meet you." He shook Dad's hand. I noticed that he wasn't really dressed like a bee, at least not on purpose. He wore long Quidditch robes with thick horizontal stripes of yellow and black. An enormous picture of a wasp was displayed across his chest. He definitely did not look like he had been a Quidditch player with his large, round belly but his arms and legs looked to still hold some power within them. His nose was squashed, most likely broken by a bludger, but had round blue eyes, short blond hair, and a rosy complexion that made him look younger than he was.

"Fancy a flutter on the match, gentlemen?" he said eagerly, jingling what seemed to be a large amount of gold in the pockets of his yellow-and-black robes. "I've already got Roddy Ponter betting me Bulgaria will score first- I offered him nice odds, considering Ireland's front three are the strongest I've seen in years- and little Agatha Timms has put up half shares in her eel farm on a week-long match.

"Oh... go on then," said Mr. Weasly. "Let's see... a Galleon on Ireland to win?"

"A Galleon?" Bagaman looked slightly disappointed, but recovered himself. "How about you, Mr. Cygnet?"

Dad digs out five Galleons and hands them to Bagman. "Five Galleons on Bulgaria winning."

Mom muttered to herself but it's so quiet that I could only hear the word idiot.

"Very well. Any other takers?"

"They're a bit young to be gambling," said Mr. Weasley. "Molly wouldn't like-"

"We'll bet thirty-seven Galleons, fifteen Sickles, three Knuts," said Fred as he and George quickly pooled all their money, "that Ireland wins- but Viktor Krum gets the Snitch. Oh and we'll throw in a fake wand."

I take in a deep breath. "Guys-"

"You don't want to go showing Mr. Bagman rubbish like that-" Percy hissed. I shoot Percy a look as he calls their amazing inventions rubbish, but I had to agree that I did not want them betting all of their money. Bagman didn't seem to find the wand rubbish too as his boyish face shone with excitement as he took it from Fred, and when the wand gave a loud squawk and turned into a rubber chicken, Bagman roared with laughter.