I pushed the stone cold beans around the plate, not even attempting to eat them, I was too busy thinking, well trying to think. The loud music coming from Laura's room was extremely distracting. I picked up my phone which was lying lifeless on the counter next to me and scanned through my messages. Nothing new or interesting was displayed. I took a gander at my contacts and once again nothing new appeared, I wasn't expecting any new contacts but if there was a guy's number in there it might explain something but nothing. I flicked back my messages and typed one out;

'Turn your bloody music down'

I sent it to Laura and waited for any sort of response.

You're alive I see, Louis' was worried and since you asked so nicely...no, no I won't.'

I don't know why I was expecting anything less from my own sister, I rolled my eyes as her music continued to seep through into the rest of the apartment. The water in the glass gripped in my hand was shaking from the vibrations, I brought it to my mouth, careful not to smash it into my teeth. I took a couple more sips before retreating to the sofa to laze around for a while, while my head repaired itself.

Several hours later and my hands were still fairly shaky, I tried gripping my phone tightly in my hand but I had dropped it several times in the last couple of minutes. Luckily, I was sat on the sofa so it fell directly onto a cushion. Laura's music had subsided and the apartment was eerily quiet. I took a deep breath before trying to dial the familiar number on my phone. I knew the number by heart, not by choice if I'm honest, more of a convenience. I managed to type the numbers in speedily but correctly and without dropping the phone this time. I scanned over the numbers once more before pressing the call button. His name flashed on the screen as soon as the phone recognised the number I was ringing. His voice was quick to fill my ear, he sounded happy, too happy for my liking.

"Hey Scarlett, how are you?" He chuckled oddly.

"Uh, I'm okay, I guess." I mumbled.

"Something up?"

"Damian, did I do something bad last night?" I asked, cutting straight to it.

"What makes you say that?"

"Louis' slightly angry at me and I have no idea why."

"Do you remember any of last night?"

"Not really. I sort of remember dancing around but very vaguely."

"You sure were enjoying that dance floor last night, pretty sure you scared everyone else away with your killer moves." He laughed once again.

"Oh." I muttered, I couldn't believe I had done that, I wouldn't normally do that. I don't particularly like dancing, let alone in front of a room full of people I don't even know. "Did I drink alcohol last night?"

"Not that I remember, pretty sure you were drinking water almost all night. Why?"

"Hmm, do you think my drink could have been spiked or something?"

"What? That's crazy!" He replied in a joking manner.

"No, I'm serious. I hardly remember last night and I feel like I've got the hang over from hell, this isn't normal."

"Scarlett, there was strict security last night at the party and Louis pretty much held your drink all night so it's practically impossible."

"I don't understand!" I groaned whilst I squeezed my eyes together, debating whether to rip my hair out from all this frustration.

"Well you gave a killer performance to say the least, at least that went okay."

"I don't even remember that properly, one of the biggest performances of my life and I barely remember that."