Sight of You - Chapter 4

Authors note: As I've said, English is my second language so I'm sorry if I have any mistakes here and there. Which I'm sure of that I have. 

I can't believe I've had over 800 reads on this story. Unbelievable. It'd mean a lot if you voted too, it takes less than a second and it'd help me a lot because then I'll see if you like the story or not. Please? 

Chapter 4

“Hey, Sam!” Julie says happily and gives me a hug. I hug her back and when I do that I really realise how much I really have missed her. I haven't met her since the last time I was home which was one month ago. Before I left for university I met her almost everyday as we went to school together and we used to hang outside school too so we pretty much saw each other all the time. I miss her so much and every friend I have from here. But I've missed here the most as she's my closest friend I have. “What do you say about going home to Dan later? He's having a party and everyone says it will be a blast and I sure don't wanna miss it.”

“Yeah, sure. I haven't met anyone from here in like forever so yeah, you can count me in,” I say and take of my coat. “But we aren't leaving yet, are we?”

“No, we aren't. I need to get ready first and the party doesn't even start until nine thirty,” she says and guides me into her bedroom. Like if I didn't know where it was. Just because I'm hardly home doesn't mean I don't remember how you get to her room from the outdoor. I've been here at least thousands times. If anyone knows how to find her room, it's me. “Ugh, I'm so jealous of you. I wanna move out too. I can't live with my mum forever. Like seriously, I'm 21 and I still live with my mum. I need to get a life.”

“I promise you, you'll miss living with her as soon as you move out,” I say. It's true. I always wanted to move out, start my own life and all that things everyone wanted to do when you were younger. But as soon as I moved out, I wanted to go back home. Not that I miss this city, I don't at all. I pretty much hate it, but I miss my home as in my house where my dad and mum lives. And of course, I miss all my lovely friends. And the fact that I now have to dish after myself, clean my own clothes and all that other boring stuff makes it even more worse. “Hey, who's going to the party?”

“I'm not quite sure, but I don't think Carly will be there. She's hardly ever invited to any parties nowadays so she's probably not tonight either,” she says.

“Oh, I totally forgot to tell you. I talked with her earlier today,” I say and she looks at me with big eyes.

I tell her all about the whole “Carly-story” and neither does she believes that I really took the courage to me to talk to her. We all know I never wanted see her again and much less talk to her again. She kissed my boyfriend, so you can't really blame me, can you? And when I tell her what Carly said about that it was all her fault and that I shouldn't blame him at all, Julie says she thinks Carly was telling the truth. I'm not quite sure what to think and what not to think.

Sure, he helped me get over my other ex-boyfriend who cheated on me and he even said how crazy it was how someone would even consider cheating on me, so that makes me kind of believing in her but on the other side I saw them kissing. I know what I saw. Even if was three years ago, I still can't get that picture out of my head. Even though I really want it to disappear I can't get it out of my head.

As I already have a dress on me I don't need to borrow any clothes from Julie. Even though the dress maybe isn't the most party-dress it's okay. And it's a really “Samantha-dress” so people there won't be surprised to see me in it. So I don't have to change clothes, luckily. But I do borrow some make-up from her as I didn't have any on me before. And I do also straighten my hair. I would've gone with my curly/wavy hair if I didn't have this dress on me. I look way too cute with both a cute dress and curly/wavy hair. I wanna look a little bit like I'm going to a party and not to my Grandma's birthday.

When I've done the make-up and my hair I'm done and ready to set off. Not really but I'm done at least. I only have to wait until Julie is done too. She's the kind of person who has to have everything perfect so it takes awhile for her to get ready. So in the meantime I look through some old photos from High School which she has in a box. I laugh at most of the pictures as we didn't had the best fashion sense back then and we couldn't do our make-up at all. How could we walk around like that and believing we look good? Please, tell me how.

Some pictures I pretty much throw away after a half second of looking at them. Either is he on them or Carly and I don't want to be remembered of the happening even though everything in this god damned city reminds me of them. That's when I realise it's because of them I don't like to go back here because I remind of the happening all the time here and everything I wanna do is to forget it. But even though I've tried everything I still can't manage to forget about it.

She's ready to go pretty much an hour after me, as I said she has to have everything perfect which takes her forever to get ready. As the clock is already nine forty we hurry into my car to start drive to Dan's house where the party takes place. Luckily Julie doesn't live that far away from Dan. After a car drive of approximately five minutes we're outside Dan's. Now we just have to find a place to park which is harder than you think it is. There are cars e v e r y w h e r e.

After about five more minutes we find a place to park long down the street. It would've been much more clever to walk here. Now we had to look for a place to park for five extra minutes plus I've to go get my car tomorrow. Why didn't I think of it earlier? And the fact that it takes us about four minutes to go to Dan's house from the car makes me even more annoyed. Ugh. When we finally are at the door we don't even bother to knock. We go inside and the first person we meet is Dan.

“Hey, girls!” a drunk Dan says and hug us both. “Long time no see, Sam!”

“Oh, how I've missed you, Dan,” I say and try to overwhelm the music but I don't succeed at all as I can see that he doesn't hear at all. So he walks away wobbly and leave me and Julie alone. “Now, let's go find some alcohol!”

“Tonight I'm getting drunk,” Julie screams.

“I'm gonna get more drunk than ever before,” I answer her.

We start to look for where the alcohol is and we finally find it in the kitchen. I take a glass of something pinkish and Julie takes a beer. I've never been a beer-girl so I don't like it that much. The only time I can drink it is when I'm already drunk. Oh, what an English-girl I am. We take our glass and start to walk around to see if there's anyone we know. I recognize almost everyone back from school, but I haven't spoke with them since we graduated so it'd be a bit awkward to talk with them now after all this time. We finally find a friend of ours – Stan. We start to talk with him and we actually talk with him for quite awhile until he just disappear out of nowhere. We didn't even saw where he went which was kinda weird. As our glass are empty by now we head to the “dance floor”. 

We dance for awhile until Julie also disappear. Now I'm all alone so I decied to walk off the so called dance floor and I walk into the kitchen where the alcohol is to take some more. As I said, I'm going to get really drunk tonight. I take some more of that pinkish stuff I took earlier and drink it up all at once. I take one more of the same but I don't drink up that one as fast as the one before. I take it rather slow with that one. A girl shows up next to me and smiles to me. She's really beautiful. I know I haven't seen her before so she can't be from around here. It's not like the city is big and I know pretty all of Dan's friends as most of them are friends of me too.

“Hey, where are you from?” I ask her with a smile on my lips.

“I'm from London, are you from here?” she asks me back smiling just like me.

“Yes, I am. Or well, I live in Brighton now,” I say. She takes one of the pinkish drink, the one I've drunk four of already, and take a sip of it. “I'm going to  the uni there.”

“I'm going to the uni in Manchester actually. Not far away from here,” she says and a boy turns up behind her. He lays his arms around her and gives her a kiss on the cheek. It has to be her boyfriend and he's probably the fact that she's here. I guess he's from here and that he's a friend of Dan. Maybe a friend of mine too, if I could just see his face I would've known. “Don't interrupt me, I'm talking with someone here.”

“Who are you talking to, my love? Maybe a friend of mine?” he says and looks up at me. My heart stops there. It's him. It's blue eyes. I haven't seen him since.. Since we finished school. Or well, since this morning when I read the newspaper. “Samantha.”

“Louis,” I say.