Lets Talk!: Romance

The Romance Genre has been done in multiple different ways and it too is one of the most well known Genres throughout the world.

Internet Definition: A romance novel or romantic novel is a type of novel and genre fiction which places its primary focus on the relationship and romantic love between two people, and usually has an "emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending".

My Definition: A genre that introduces or follows the growing intimate relationship between two people along with having following the story of their lives. Although it is usual to expect a happy ending as a result, it does not always end as so.

Recommendations:

Nantucket Blue : By Leila Howland:

For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she'll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.

Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn't.

When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it's the things Cricket hadn't counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue

My Opinion:
Although it has been a while since I read this book, I can still remember it clear as day. I think it is very well written with a main character who is still holding onto hope and is still wanting to be there for her friend even though there are obstacles in the way. And along the way she finds a potential love that was right in front of her the whole time, but she is still undecided about what she wants. I think this book is more suitable for teenagers and adults rather than for younger teens because of some of the situations that take place in the beginning and then throughout the rest of the book. I would highly recommend to check it out!

 I would highly recommend to check it out!

Perfectly Broken : By Charnee 13:

My Opinion:So this book was complete at the time I was reading it on Wattpad which was around five years ago but unfortunately if you go to try to read it now, only the first five chapters will be seen there

My Opinion:
So this book was complete at the time I was reading it on Wattpad which was around five years ago but unfortunately if you go to try to read it now, only the first five chapters will be seen there. The reason being because the author moved the story to the Dreame app where she could be paid for her story, but that was before they did any changes to this app! This book is a very touching love unexpected love story between a girl whom is in love with her best friend and a boy who has been in love with her for years but will do whatever it takes to keep her in his bed. I know it sounds kind of wrong when I say it like that, but the boy really does love her and in the end she comes to find out that she was meant to be with him all along, so I highly recommend it!

Extras:

Everything, Everything by: Nicola Yoon:

My disease is as rare as it is famous. It's a form of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency, but basically, I'm allergic to the world. I don't leave my house, have not left my house in fifteen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives. New next door neighbors. I look out the window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black—black t-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly. I want to learn everything about him, and I do. I learn that he is funny and fierce. I learn that his eyes are Atlantic Ocean-blue and that his vice is stealing silverware. I learn that when I talk to him, my whole world opens up, and I feel myself starting to change—starting to want things. To want out of my bubble. To want everything, everything the world has to offer.

Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.

A Walk to Remember by: Nicholas Sparks:There was a time when the world was sweeter

There was a time when the world was sweeter...when the women in Beaufort, North Carolina, wore dresses, and the men donned hats...when something happened to a seventeen-year-old boy that would change his life forever. Every April, when the wind blows in from the sea and mingles with the scent of lilacs, Landon Carter remembers his last year at Beaufort High. It was 1958, and Landon had already dated a girl or two. He even swore that he had once been in love. Certainly the last person in town he thought he'd fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the daughter of the town's Baptist minister. A quiet girl who always carried a Bible with her schoolbooks, Jamie seemed content living in a world apart from the other teens. She took care of her widowed father, rescued hurt animals, and helped out at the local orphanage. No boy had ever asked her out. Landon would never have dreamed of it. Then a twist of fate made Jamie his partner for the homecoming dance, and Landon Carter's life would never be the same. Being with Jamie would show him the depths of the human heart and lead him to a decision so stunning it would send him irrevocably on the road to manhood.