"She does it out of love. She wants to see you getting along with everyone. But you always end up sassing people away."

Elaf knew what was happening here. Her father had been brainwashed by her grandma dearest. But it wasn't something to fret over. Daud Durrani would always listen to his daughter no matter what. The ease between the father daughter duo had never seen a bad day.

"Not my fault here. I wasn't raised as someone who wouldn't give it back when the other person is trying her patience. It's all on my parents."

Daud just laughed at her expressions. Elaf sighed looking at the profile of her father. The man she loved to bits. The man she would do anything for. And he would do the same for her even more. He had lived away from his family all his life because of his one decision of marrying her mother. To save everyone the hassle of constants problems he had taken this decision but his heart was there somewhere in Durrani house only. He was torn between two parts of his family. Elaf understood his plight and was always more than ready to do as he wanted to but very early on age she had realized and accepted the fact that her grandmother wasn't someone she'd ever be able to have a cordial relation with. Bilqees Durrani never saw Elaf as her granddaughter; she was always the daughter of the woman her son had married against her wish. She had never accepted Yusra so accepting her daughter who also happened to be rejecting all the norms and traditions she held dear wasn't something Bilqees Durrani was going to do.

Daud hadn't taken the conversation any further. But Elaf knew he didn't like the equation between her and her grandmother. She wished she could do something about it but how far can one person take a relation when the other was hell bent upon proving she didn't like you?

"I'm so glad your mother is an excellent baker. These cakes are amazing."

He picked his fourth piece and that's when Elaf knew she had to act.

"Baba! At least leave some for me!"

"Your mother bakes these once a week only for you!"

"Yeah, because she's my Mama and I have every right on the things made by her! Go ask your mama to make you something!"

"My mama doesn't know how to bake but she can make delicious Gajar ka Halwa. We'll try that someday, hun?"

Elaf didn't miss the hopeful expression on his face. She didn't have a heart to say no to this.

"Okay, Baba. Sure!"

Daud was happy; the broad grin was the telltale sign. The conversation moved to Elaf's studies and how her semester was going so far.

She talked about everything, from lazy professors to the numerous assignments, from stale canteen food to Mubarak's delicious Biryani but not once did she stumble upon the retelling of her performance last week. Not even by mistake.

The same way Daud hadn't even once told her how her grandmother thought of her as ill-mannered and not properly raised with no proper sense of right and wrong and on top a savage tongue. Daud had no heart to taint the already cracked image of her grandmother Elaf had in her mind. He had blamed it on the distance between them and was now working on that only.

Deep down both realized that there were things they weren't telling each other and it was fine.

Maybe.