12 | meeting the parents

lovely aesthetic board + current cover created by @bitteur <3

please check out her graphic shop that she just opened to get your own cover/board/wallpaper for your story.

DEDICATED TO MYSELF

you're in an immense waiting period in your life rn (like the rest of the world is) but instead of feeling like it's a never-ending spiral of emotions, use this time to dig up your creative roots of writing and CREATING, and feel good about what you're putting out there; even when you think it's not even that good. even though you aren't able to control a lot of your life at this moment in time, find peace in yourself and hold on to the hope that sometime in the next week, month, or year from now, you'll be in a completely different headspace for the better.

keep going because God has a plan for you.

THE INTERCOM'S FEEDBACK was like paper crumpling against a nearby microphone as the waves of sound attempted to find a signal to latch onto

THE INTERCOM'S FEEDBACK was like paper crumpling against a nearby microphone as the waves of sound attempted to find a signal to latch onto. East's patience was thinning out and he didn't know how much longer he'd have to stand outside in the cold, dark night wrapped up in his thin navy sweater and black scarf. To emphasize his restlesness even more, his foot tapped to the breaks of the audio as he counted the amount of pauses in his head, swearing that he'd go back home if the intercom didn't pick up a signal by the number fifty.

At number 47, the staticness stopped and was replaced by a muffling of voices. "Yubusaeyo? Hello?" a man's voice said.

"Abeonim. Father. It's Daehyun."

"Ah. Jahkeuman. Hold on."

A loud buzzing sound ensued, erupting from the speaker and straight into East's cold ears. In the case that his father would hear him, East went towards the door and budged the heavy door open while biting his tongue to keep from grumling. A rush of warm air slapped him in the face as his legs trekked across the lobby, his levels of annoyance rising with every step he took.

But he forced a rigid smile because he knew he would need to be on his best behavior. Because he knew that he would finally come clean about lying to the Seo family; how he was not Han Jae Won, his older brother, and that he only pretended to be him all because he liked Azar.

"Ahdeul! Son!" East's mother greeted as soon as she opened the door. She was glowing despite her all black attire, its sleekness with barely any wrinkles if any, a pleasant surprise. The last time East had been to his parents' place, his mother had sternly made it his mission to tell Azar's family about Han Jae Won's union to his wife, Kim Min Ah. As he stepped into the entryway, however, he soon internally rolled his eyes, knowing that it was a classic tendency of all Korean mothers to easily forget about what they were mad about by the next day.