😶Murder 😶

Lucas POV;

The light comes back on but is very deem. Giving light only to the portion of the room around the bed. I hear something fall in the opposite direction in the room from where Tina and I are standing. Tina screams and tightens her grip on me.

My back is turned to where the sound came from but with Tina holding me like this, turning around is proving difficult.

Being this close with your girlfriend is meant to be romantic and involve things like smooching and undressing, but definitely not when you're in a dark room with a partly butchered dead body! Darn it, Marcus!

I manage to turn towards where the sound came from with Tina still holding tightly onto me from behind.

"Who's there!? " I ask as I hear something move in the dark. The same feeling of alertness I got earlier in the attic today, takes over me.

I slowly but cautiously remove Tina's hands from my body as I begin to step towards the dark. Tina reluctantly lets go of me, but I am forced to take two steps back when something in the dark catches the light.

Just then a knife comes flying towards me.
I catch it by its blade when it's just a few inches away from my forehead. Once again, thank you basketball.

Tina screams and heads towards the door. She begins pulling franticly but the door doesn't open.

My palm begins to sting as holding on so tightly to a knife is not such a bright idea. Trust me, it isn't something you should try. My blood soon begins to drip on the ground at my feet. I should let it go, right!?

Well here's the shit, I have been trying to let go of the fucking knife but my fingers won't come loose. For some reason, I feel my grip on the blade intensifying.

"Oh my God you're bleeding, let it go, Luca!" Tina screams when she sees my hands in the dim light.

"I can't! " I reply as I try to use my other hand to break free from this dangerous grip on the knife.

"What!? " she questions in disbelief as she comes over to help me.

Yes, we are scared, and Tina is crying like a child. The horrid smell of blood and a corpse begin to fill the room. What monster could have done this to a fellow human?

While struggling with the knife I begin to pay attention to its details, this looks like the missing knife from home. Wait... Where is Laina!? Did...

We begin to hear people shouting and suddenly the sounds of sirens fill the air. Only the cop cars have those. The cops! The cops!!? 

Tina looks up at me in horror.  Here I am with the knife used to kill my best friend stuck in my fist, my innocent girlfriend's hands stained with my blood, and the dang door not opening.

We begin to hear voices downstairs, and Tina hugs me with her shaky hands while crying bitterly.

"Wh... What now?? " she questions as she cries.

"I... don't know" I reply as tears escape my eyes.

Like, two little children, we huddle up in a corner of a room that holds a dead body. A body which is a victim of the knife I can't let go off and the cops are right beneath us.

With silent sobs, we patiently await our doom! All that's happening is fast, but I know I'm done for.