Recognise

Roddy's POV
It's been a week since Amirah and I had our heart to heart conversation.

It has not all been sunshine and rainbows between us but it has been tolerable and a weight has been lifted.

We have been texting, nothing too out of the ordinary. Our texts consisted of hellos and how are you's. Bit boring but I'll take what I can get.

I was currently in rehearsals. I was rehearsing for a show I had tonight that was going to be live streamed on television.

I was hoping Amirah would be watching. No reason as to why but the thought of her watching my performance made a nigga feel all warm.

"Run that back", I said into my microphone coming back to reality as the Dj replayed the track while I fixed my earpiece.

Whether she watched or not the show must go on. I thought with a sigh.

Amirah's POV
"But what should I wear?", I said into the speaker as I was on the phone with Trey.

He wanted to take me somewhere tonight. I didn't feel like going honestly. All I wanted to do was stay in and watch television.

I hope he didn't cross no boundaries. Or get too caught up. Our relationship was strictly sex. He was the one who kept reminding me in beginning of our entanglement also, so I hope he keeps the same energy.

Truthfully, I don't see myself dating him. As much as I want to cap. I like my men a bit gangster.

"Okay okay", I said ending the call laughing. He said to dress comfortable and he'll pick me up at 8.

The clock on the wall said 6:00PM.
Knowing me, I think it's best I start getting ready.

I took my shower. Shaved my body and applied my lotion. I decided to wear no makeup today. So with that decision out of the way. I went to my closet to find an outfit.

I found something comfortable ten minutes later. I placed them on my bed and threw me hair into sleek center-part low bun.

I applied some body mist on my body and then got dressed.

I still had 15 minutes to spare

I still had 15 minutes to spare. I took some snaps and posted them to Instagram on my story.

I got bored after so I decided I would go downstairs and wait for Trey. I took the elevator down and while it descended I applied some lipgloss and placed my hoops in.

I exited the elevator and took a seat on the main area while I waited for Trey.
______________________________________________
"Where are we going?", I said to Trey for the 5th time. We've been driving for a good 30 minutes now.

"You'll see", he said with a smile while navigating through traffic.

I eventually just dropped it and went to my Instagram to check my feed.

I noticed Roddy posted a pic.

I quickly liked it  going into his comments to lurk while being extra careful not to like anything

We weren't on the best terms but that conversation the other day made a whole lot of difference. We text. Nothing too exciting. Just random check ups. I'm not complaining, I'll take what I can get and besides it's better that way. I don't want him thinking we're all sunshine's and rainbow.

We have a lot of working on to do.

We didn't text today and that's cool. He's a busy man and I understand tha-. "Were here". I was cut from my thoughts by Trey. It seems we arrived at our destination.

I couldn't help but gasp as I turned to look at him.

"I've never been to one of these before", I said looking around in amazement

He had taken me to a drive through theatre.

"What are we watching?", I asked

"What are we watching?", I asked. Without a word he handed me the tickets for Burlesque . A classic. Im not mad at it.

He quickly went to get some snacks while I set up some blankets on the front seats.

Soon we were settled and the movie began.

Trey's POV
"Omg! That movie never gets old", she Amirah said excitedly. I'm glad I could make her feel this happy.

She kept checking her phone though; subconsciously and I knew she was probably waiting for a specific text.

The way her eyes lit up 10 minutes after proved my point. I peeked over and saw Roddy's name.

She didn't reply to the message she did a little smile and locked her phone. Women.

I'll never understand them. She waited a whole hour, couldn't even properly watch the movie cause she kept checking for his texts and when he finally texted her she didn't do so much as a reply.  I silently shook my head chuckling.

"What?",she asked. "Nothing", I answered turning the music up. I was currently on my way to drop her home. The movie had been done from about ten minutes ago.

I knew she still loved old dude. I'm not mad at it. I understood the dynamics of our relationship. But he better realize what he has and tighten up because she could be swept up by another guy in a wink and this guy has hella brooms.