Evangeline

It was just the brink of fall, leaves were turning to red, yellow, and orange. the smokey air of fireplaces roaring while people watch hallmark movies and drink some hot tea, the time for fuzzy socks and sneakers. The time for s'mores and ice cream on a Thursday night.

Evangeline absolutely loved fall. She would decorate for halloween the second she saw the leaves change color, she would put together her horror movie watch lists and sit and watch them through out the week.  

the time where her weird junky apartment that used to be a factory didn't look like a weird place with endless questions on why she has certain things. 

she mainly just loved fall because she admires halloween so much. It's a time where you can be someone else and not get made fun of for it. its a time where you can dress up and if you go out, no one will look at you weird. 

every time someone asked evangeline to describe herself, her word would always be halloween. she knew it didn't make sense to anyone else but her because she truly knew herself the best. 

there is just something about the the word that just makes her happy. she loves describing herself like halloween. she's weird, mysterious,dressing up, the smells of cinnamon and apples, the taste of s'mores and tea, the feeling of a slight breeze in the shade and sunlight in the rain. the feeling of mystery. she just loved it. 

evangeline has never been a picky person. never really loved modern things. she didn't have a car because she lived close enough to a underground train outlet in San Fransisco, she simply didn't need it. She didn't mind one bit the people down in the station, though some she should of worried about, she loved seeing the different faces of panic and worry about missing an interview, or seeing the old couples fall asleep on the train together, or the classy business men in their coat and tie. 

Ever since she was 7 years old, she remembers this boy who got on the train with his parents. he sat and starred at her until she looked straight at him and stuck her tongue out at him, thinking it would drive him away to stop looking, he smiled and laughed then repeated her actions. 

it took her by surprise, making her little 7 year old heart flutter in a million different ways. she grew a crush in a matter of seconds, she knew absolutely nothing of this boy and yet- she wanted to ask him to sit by her at lunch which would truly be an honor considering she was homeschooled. 

every day she rides the train she hopes to see that boy riding too, sitting on the bench he once sat on, and ready for her to give her two cents on him. 

but until then. she waits.